1911Forum banner

CZ 380 vs. Bersa Deluxe 380?

1927 Views 7 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  MEH92
I am adding a .380 to the stable and wondered which of these two, both of
which I like the looks of, (or others) would be advised by you all?

Thanks

Be safe, shoot well. :rock:
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
510 Posts
I really like both- as they are quite different in size. The cz-83 is a fairly large pistol for a .380- the bersa would be a better CCW. However- w/ the CZ you can go cocked and locked I believe- and the ambi safety is a plus for me (lefty). I plan on adding a .380 soon as well (underpowered plinking fun!)- and I'm leaning towards the CZ .

· Registered
426 Posts
I say get them both. :)
Both are great little shooters.

My CZ83 has an excellant trigger and enough weight/mass to minimize the blowback operation felt recoil. Fine sights and handling, scary accurate.

The Bersa Thunder I have is not the Deluxe, but it is also a fun and accurate .380. I inherited it from my Dad last year.

I tend towards the frame mounted safety's as they seem a bit more natural to me (Safety's should snap down to fire and are properly mounted on the frame, as any 1911 afficianado can tell ya) which means I shoot the CZ more than the "ala Beretta" slide mounted safety of the little espanol pistola.

Mine are basically range guns. Whereas I might trust my life with them if I didn't have anything else, I prefer either a 9mm, .38/.357 or .45 caliber for SD.

· Registered
243 Posts
Unfortunately, I had to sell my Bersa .380. I bought it in large part because of the many positive reports I read on the 'net. After three visits to an authorized repair shop, it still wasn't 100%- and a defense gun must be 100% reliable. I've read of some other folks having issues, on the Bersa talk forum. On the whole, they seem to be O.K., but not all. Also- my local smith pointed out a rather large amount of metal wear on the frame and slide after only about 500-600 rounds. Soft metal?

Chuck

· Registered
55 Posts
As the owner of a couple of the CZ83's (don't ask me why, it seemed like a good idea at the time), I concur on the safety location, it has the mass to keep the recoil down, it fits smaller hands well, the double-stack magazine makes it also a candidate for a warm fuzzy (with the proper PD load) should the SHTF. It may not take somebody down with one shot (but what .380 would), but it will make them think twice about repeating the approach. I also think the CZ has a higher build quality than the Bersa. Between the two I'd vote for the CZ, but then I'm prejudiced (I also like the CZ75B in 9m/m).
My humble opinion, take it for what it's worth.

· Registered
8,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the input. i am in position to handle them both to see how they feel in hand which will help me decide. like the looks and layout of the CZ at this point so may go that way.

be safe, shoot well. :rock:

· Registered
2,484 Posts
I have no expereince with the CZ, but several of my CCW students have used the Bersa .380 for the class. The range where I teach also rents a Bersa .380 and have sold their share. To date, the Bersa .380's have proven reliable. While I'm no big fan of "second tier" manufacturers (just a personal preference, not trying to be a snob) the Bersa .380's I've seen haven't given me any reason to believe they aren't a decent gun.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.