1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any opinions on the CZ 70 pistol? Good, bad or otherwise, I'd like to hear them.

My wife want's a centerfire pistol, (well she thinks she does) and she claims my 9mm is too much for her.

I would think that a .32acp would give a mild recoil and report. Reloading should be as cheap or cheaper then a 9mm.

Heck, for $140 in NRA fine condition I'm not out too much.

------------------
Matthew 24:6
"You will be hearing of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not frightened, for those things MUST take place...

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
This is actually a very good gun for the money. CZ quality is top notch. As long as you use ball ammo in it, it should give you many hours of enjoyable shooting. And much like a Walther, it is very mild to shoot in 32acp.

·
Registered
4,180 Posts
I bought one from AimSurplus.com a couple months ago and could not be more happy with it. The double action trigger pull is real heavy at about 14 pounds, the single action pull is great at about 5 pounds. I paid $79.00 for one in 90%, it does show slight holster wear on the front on the slide but the bore is mint. Aim sold out of them real fast. You can find then here though for $89.00
http://www.southernohiogun.com/surplus_hand.html

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have a CZ-50, which is basically the same gun. Took a little "quality time" with a dremel to get it to feed hollow points, and even now, hydra-shoks are the only ones that feed reliably (100% reliable after feed ramp and mag tweaking). The SA trigger is fair to average, but DA is a train wreck. For the price, it can't be beat for a glovebox gun. You'll find plenty more information in the CZ forum at http://www.gunandgame.com .

If you find the right load, you'll be very pleased with the gun. With Rem. UMC, my CZ-50 has printed some of my personal best groups.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for your replies. I found a place with CZ 70's for $90 in excellent condition. $110 with two mags.

One more question if I could. Would round nose lead bullets function reliably in a CZ 70, and what diameter? .313?

------------------
Matthew 24:6
"You will be hearing of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not frightened, for those things MUST take place...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts