1911Forum banner

CZ magazine question

852 Views 3 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  The Drew
I heard the CZ75 SP01 magazine fits the standard Cz75. Does the CZ75 mag work in the SP 01? I have only seen pictures of the SP01 and the grip frame looks longer. Thanks
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
41 Posts
cz

The SP-01 uses the CZ-75 Compact grip frame length as I recall. Therefore the full size CZ mags will fit the SP-01 with the extra length sticking out but not the opposite. You will have to stick with SP-01 mags or Compact mags for a flush fit, same body, different baseplates depending on when made. The full-size is 15-16 rounds and the Compact size is 13-14 rounds. Late mags have a different follower that bumped the capacity up by one round.

· Premium Member
3,092 Posts
The SP01 uses a 19 round magazine that extends slightly past the frame and uses a molded baseplate to cover the extending part..

The SP01 mags do fit the CZ75/85 frame. the standard 16-round of the 75/85 fits the sp01 just fine..I use both in my SP01.

The P01 and the 75b compact share the same frame size and the smaller mags..

so short answer..yes the 75b mags fit the SP01 flush.

· Registered
275 Posts
lodeda said:
The SP-01 uses the CZ-75 Compact grip frame length as I recall. Therefore the full size CZ mags will fit the SP-01 with the extra length sticking out but not the opposite. You will have to stick with SP-01 mags or Compact mags for a flush fit, same body, different baseplates depending on when made. The full-size is 15-16 rounds and the Compact size is 13-14 rounds. Late mags have a different follower that bumped the capacity up by one round.
You're thinking of the P01 not the SP01, the SP01 is a full size gun.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.