1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone here have experience with these? The price looks right.....just wanted to see whether the quality build was good. I have some CZ pistols and love em and have seen some of their quality rifles, but have never seen a shotgun of theirs. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

http://cz-usa.com/products/view/mallard-104-a/

TIA

ETA: Would be used for clays only.

·
Registered
67 Posts
We carry the Canvasback model, one step up, and we think that the CZ lineup of over and under and side by sides are a great value.

They are made in Turkey by Huglu.

The barrels are black chrome, not blued, we have never seen any problems with this.

Only issue is chokes, last time I checked there were none in the CZ catalog, they give you three with the gun, more can be had at Huglu dealers.

I like them I think they are a fine gun, do a google search and research them, CZ-USA as a user forum, check it out.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I duck hunted with a buddy that has one and he really likes it. I used his on a couple of incomming groups, it swung nice, came to the shoulder good, just had a good feel to it. Fit and finish were nice. Of course its not a browning or a berreta, but it also doesn't have the price either. It's a shotgun I'd be proud to own. My friend got some extended choke tubes from tru-lock I believe.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Many thanks to both for the insight. You both basically said what I thought would be true, namely, that the fit, finish, and feel of the gun is excellent. I have seen CZ rifles at the range and the build quality seemed excellent....glad to know it is the same with this gun. My only concern was that it would be built cheaply based upon price, but this does not appear to be the case.

And I will check out the CZ-USA forums....I was not able to find much on the web about the Mallard.

Many thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts