1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wonder what the assimilated product lineup would look like?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Welp, there goes another good american company due to poor business decisions with their current product line. They irk me.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: hawkeye52

·
Administrator
73,091 Posts
Colt and CZ have formed partnerships in the past. They had a good thing going with the Z40 pistol until Colt suddenly and inexplicably pulled the plug.

·
Banned
756 Posts
Hi,
The COLT Workmanship and "fitting" will improve.

CZ and Tikka, make a "best buy" rifle to my mind, that is heads and shoulder above, any other rifle at the same price point!

Look what happened to Auto Ordnance 1911's, when Khar, bought them out...

Just an example !

·
Registered
125 Posts
Great news! I think this is a plus and not a negative . CZ makes great products and this can only benefit both. Maybe now we will see some new releases from Colt!
You may be right and that would be a good thing. But still sad to see another iconic American arms maker bought by a foreign entity.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Customer service is going to suck.........

I have no idea how Colt's is now.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
with luck they will have some people running the company who actually understand the retail gun market and are interested in selling into that market. i am not holding my breath, but I see this as probably being a positive or at worse a neutral.

·
Registered
4,966 Posts
Good news for CZ and Colt now move colt out of ct before they get taxed to death.

Too bad about Remington Arms. We lost many 100+ year old companies. The northeast was the manufacturing might of our nation everything was made here. The GE wire and cable, GE small appliances, brass shop, producto foundry, carpenter steel, Bullard machine tool and foundry, Bridgeport machines, bodine machines, Farrell foundry and machine tools, ect, it was all here with late 1800’s roots.
The cheap machine tool imports from Japan killed our industry here. It’s our fair trade system.

The worst thing I seen here is our american homeless panhandling the fast food drive thru’s lately. That’s sad.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Although We hate to see a US company go to a Euro company, Colt may be better off as a brand under CZ. We have a Wiley Clapp CCO in .45ACP which is a pretty nice blaster but it's not as well done as our three DW CCOs in .45, 9mm. and .38 Super. We do prefer the Colt bluing but the details of the DWs are far superior. Just our opinion.

·
Administrator
73,091 Posts
You may be right and that would be a good thing. But still sad to see another iconic American arms maker bought by a foreign entity.
Smith & Wesson was once owned by a British company and they survived. We all have to admit, the way Colt has been doing things for the past 60+ years hasn't worked. What they've been doing for the past 30 years has been even worse. Maybe this will shake things up and Colt will begin to enter the modern handgun market for real.

·
Registered
4,650 Posts
If anyone can do a great job with Colt, It's CZ. Lots of classic American names have vanished in recent years, other have moved under foreign banners. It's sad, but who's to blame? Mismanagement, greed, and graft are as healthy today as they've ever been. In the end, they did it to themselves. Regardless, I have no doubt CZ can do wonders with Colt. Hell, Miroku puts out some fine Winchester lever guns! It's the world we live in.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I tend to agree with the above, my pre-CZ Dan Wesson’s are excellent, just like my post CZ Dan Wesson’s. Unlike my new and used Colts, which are pretty poor. Customer service seems to have taken a hit but it seems to be an otherwise well run company.

1 - 20 of 127 Posts