1911Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year, in Seattle, I was at the Central Gun Exchange. My pal was working there at the time, and I noticed something strange.

A D-Maxx pistol. Basically it was a Sten with no buttstock and a 10 in barrel. It took Sten mags and was chambered for the 9X19 or course. Where the buttstock should of been was a swing swevil. There was a solid plastic pistol grip on it , and The thing was [email protected]@! The barrel portion had cooling holes in it like a preban TEC9. It was a closed bolt. The price was $499 and it came with 5 sten mags. I am still kicking myself for not putting a down payment on it, but oh well.

My pal said that they were made locally in Kent, Washington.

I have never heard of these before, and I do not know where I can find a picture of one. Has anyone ever heard of this? I think he said that they were made in the 80's but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
50 Posts
If I am not mistaken, some DMAX guns were nixed by ATF due to their "Readily Convertable" status. I believe their "Sidewinder" series was.

If that STEN fired from an open bolt, you should be kicking yourself in the ass you didn't buy it at $499

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why cant I find it in the Blue Book? I think that this one was closed bolt, I dont remember if it was called sidewinder.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts