1911Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Actually I don't think its an ammo problem however i'll see what everybody thinks. I purchased some double tap ammo and i first ran some through my glock 20 w/o any problems no ftf at all!!!
When i tried to load my kimber s.s. II in 10mm I was only able to load 3 rounds in the mag. It seemed like the wide mouth golden saber bullets were catching the sides of the kimber mag. I have this problem with the 165 and 180 grain golden saber, with the 230 grain equalizer ammo i had no problems loading the kimber mag. i have fired cor-bon 150 grain hp, pmc 180 grain fmj, blazer 200 grain fmj, winchester 175 grain silvertips w/o any problems. Has anyone else experienced this problem and whos mags work well with golden saber bullets? the mag i have is marked kimber at the bottom and has a metal follower. Any input would be helpful!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, it's not longer. The other brands of ammo i've fired through the Kimber are tapered. The golden sabers are not and I think they are catching the sided of the mag. I'm going to order some Chip McCormick mags hopefully that will solve my problem!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts