1911Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I was watching American Shooter last night and the host, (can't remember his name), mentioned a double action Para Ordnance 1911. I'm not trying to start a rumor mill or anything to that nature but am looking for clarification. Or maybe someone also saw the program. I went to their website and didn't see anything about it. Thanks, JOe

·
Registered
142 Posts
nemesis said:
It may be true, I have one.
Is that what the "DA" stands for in "LDA"? I think I have one, too. I mean, I think I have two also. I guess the "1911" part is more of a generic term, though.

·
Banned
2,929 Posts
LDA Rumours

I am not one to start rumours but I have been told by an employee of Para - the company is about to annouce a new version of their LDA (Double Action) 1911 pistol. It will only be a single action, with only one stack removes one action in the process of shooting I hear and stacks one round on top of another. A pistol like that probably will only appeal to a few people and not be around long but you never know.

I think they are trying to save money by reducing the size of their magazines. (The token conspiracy theory).

Marketing, Marketing

·
Banned
2,929 Posts
Kitimat?

I smell an ex-patriot on the thread! Actually....if you can keep a secret...the anti-gun crowd up here think a double action can shoot faster than a single soooooo "they" have lobbied the Cdn. Gov't to put pressure on Para to produce a single action to Americans. We issue double actions to our army then when "He"returns from Afganistan in his jeep. Thennnnnn we sell single actions to the Yanks. With only double actions up here we will be twice as capable of repelling the American miltia when they invade us for our oil. All makes perfect sense. All you need is a good conspiracy theory and a boat load of para noia!

·
Banned
2,929 Posts
Ah now I am confused. Houston is just down the road from here, just the otherside of Burns Lake. Just south of the Panhandle. I smells a rat. LOL

Fess up nobody in Texas knows where Kitimat is...if they do I'll eat crow. Upon reflection maybe someone from Houston?

·
Banned
2,929 Posts
Man you sure got my interest up! Near Telkwa, too.

Send a PM cuzz I just got to know. You got to be a Canuck cuzz Hazalton is to small to be on a Texas globe.

Bob

·
Registered
70 Posts
Quote: "...Repel American Militia....

...When they invade us for our oil...".

Would they be Para-shootists? (Prob'ly an old joke:)

·
Banned
2,929 Posts
ummmm! An American you say. ummmmWell educated for a Reb.
Knows where the next county is...that is different...probably a wet coounty which would explain the knowledge. But how does he know where Burns Lake is?

Studies geography. ummmm

Think we should raise our security level to purple. No sense going to Orange... George has already taken that colour.

We had concerns about the Michigan militia but they took a wrong turn at Telkwa and are now being Hyderized in Alaska.

Hell now the RCMP got to worry about those damm Texans. I wonder if they will get out of the Gallaria Plaza long enough to mount a threat. Naw probably naught! Probably won't get out of the White Oak Lounge!

Still can't believe you have not spent some time up here. Fess up boy. If you don't will send our F 18 jet down to scare you. Have to tell the pilot to pay off his Visa card first so he can get down there with gas and all. It is either that or our army and his jeep is in for repairs...

On 2nd thought you should invade us. Hell for the US bucks you would spend here fixing everything we would all be rich. Of course we would have the odd demonstration just to keep CNN's interest up but that should be no problem. Thoughts?

Well if you are a Yank from Texas you tell your children that we have pretty much got all the navigation lights up for Santa's great trip and he should have no problem visiting all the young children down Texas way. The weather up here looks like it will be great for Christmas Eve, Navigation should be no problem.

Regards and best wishes to you and your family,

Bob

1 - 15 of 15 Posts