1911Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,
This is my first post, just wanted to put in words my thoughts about the two guns.
Had a target grade Charles Daly (45acp) for about 3 weeks during that time both front and back sights fell off : :bawling: : . Had to replace almost all springs to get reliable gun. Had about 10 FTF during that period.
Traded it for a RIA 38 super, my first super, second RIA. Even though the gun was several hundred dollar less the workmanship is way better.
It took only about 15 minutes to get a 3.5 lb trigger.
Don't mean to make the Daly fans mad but that was my second and last Daly :mummy: . Will try and post the shooting results after I shoot the RIA.
Regards, Bill

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been told that they are built in the same plant, but the paper work on the RIA went to Armscor Precision. The paper work on the Daly went to Charles Daly.
The RIA Has Twin Pines, Phils on the bottom. The Daly had something all together different. The RIA is a mil. spec pistol the Daly was a target grade pistol, (retail $752). The RIA is put together much better. But they may be the same :hrm:
Regards Bill

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.