1911Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard that Dan Wesson was making 1911 pistols, and I have seen pictures of them in buying guides, but I have never seen one in person.

I have some experience with a DW .44 revolver and it is extremely accurate. The suggested retail prices do not seem that bad, under $1000. I wonder how good they are.

Does anyone have one, or has anyone seen one? Are they as good as a Kimber?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Dan, read my post about Dan Wesson under the "other 1911" forum here. It turns out that over ar AR15.com, the couple people that have them are so impressed that its starting spread. They are not a big player in the field yet, but will carve a niche for themselves.

They have not been making 1911 for very long, and as a result they have to build a fan base, but it has been their customer service that has impressed people so far. Any e-mails or phone calls have been answered promptly buy either Bill Jefferies (the marketing director) or Bob Serva (president and owner).

Give them a call or e-mail and they will be more then happy to answer your questions. www.danwessonfirearms.com

I am a happy owner of a Pointman Major, and if anyone would like to e-mail me I can give more info, or links to threads on AR15.com where this has been being discussed.

CS

1 - 2 of 2 Posts