1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard that Dan Wesson is the manufacturer of the new Charles Daly Hi Powers. Is this true? If so, are there any plans for a Dan Wesson marked Hi Power? How about one in stainless steel? Bob, are you listening? How about it guys, am I the only one who would be interested in such an offering? Let's have some feedback on this! (Also Bob, I'm still waiting for a Dan Wesson .17 HMR stainless revolver!)

·
Registered
962 Posts
I have heard the same exact thing about DW and the Daly Hi Power. I thought the same thing as you. It does confuse me as to why there are dozens of makers of 1911's and so little devoted to a pistol as great as the P35. It would seem a natural progression for these companies to offer the Hi Power and cool components to match.
C'mon Dan Wesson, if you are doing this for Charles Daly that's great, but ramp up and bring them out yourselves.
I would buy one right now if they had the quality and features of the Patriot.

Nala

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
In a way I hope its not true. The first report I read about the new Daly HP was not flattering. It was broke right out of the box and the grip screw holes were misaligned. :(

·
Registered
844 Posts
Gentlemen, We build several manufactures product here at DW. We do not plan to come out with a HP. We build these from parts supplied by our customers for them. The HP’s are a nice pistol for the money. You got to remember the price range these are selling for. They are probably the best finished HP’s I have ever seen for the money.

Thanks,
Bob
DWF
:) ;)

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well that's a shame! A Dan Wesson marked Hi Power would have been a nice addition to the collection. Any prototypes laying around???? How about a custom shop option???? (Or maybe just a Dan Wesson laser marked slide instead of one with those bold Charles Daly markings!) A fellow can always dream, can't he?

·
Registered
809 Posts
But Bob, think how much fun we could all have designing a chopped and channeled custom carry HP!

I want one in .30 caliber, with ladder sights graduated to 1200 meters and mother of pearl grips.

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The CD HP's are nothing more than FEG parts with a higher price tag

This is a comment I have seen often on different websites, but always as speculation without any proof. I am aware that Charles Daly is now associated with K.B.I. who imported the Hungarian FEG Hi Powers for several years. The Charles Daly website states that the Hi Powers are MADE in the USA, not ASSEMBLED but MADE. Dan Wesson is apparently the final assembler, I don't know who the manufacturer of the parts is, but it is implied they are MADE in the USA, (not Hungary). I understand that automobiles and other products that are advertised as made in the USA often have parts that are outsourced from other countries. My point is that I have seen no PROOF that these are FEG parts (The FEG guns are great guns for the money, by the way, No, the finish is not as good as the Brownings, but the price is alot cheaper also! They also prefered over the Brownings by many custom gunsmiths. )

I think it is great to see another company producing the Hi Power and I hate to see people bashing a product with only speculation about it's origins, quality. If we were not open to "clones" in the handgun world, we would not have any Dan Wessons, Kimbers, Wilsons, S&W, ect in 1911 pistols. Our only choice would be from Colt. Now Colt makes a fine gun, but I think the competition has been good for us, the consumers. I think that same competition could help give us better Hi Powers also.

I don't care for the "CHARLES DALY" billboard slide either, that's why I was hoping for a Dan Wesson subtle lazer marked slide. (With a cross!)

Yes, the Brownings are great guns, I currently own 7 in different calibers & variations, I also own a 45 by Colt but that didn't stop me from buying 2 more from Dan Wesson and 2 Springfields, That competetion between manufactures has made for some interesting variations.

Also remember that Browning never MADE a Hi Power, they are all just FNs with a higer price tag and BROWNING markings on them

·
Registered
717 Posts
Noooooooo, oh well crap. If you all don't mind I am still going to adamantly deny that DW has any association with CD. There is this one pissant at my range that calls my Razorback a CD every freakin time I bring it (and it really ticks me off BTW). He shoots one of those expensive yupie guns named after a mfg of rubbers. I make it a point to tell him its a DAN WESSON and has nothing to do with CD and proceed to kick his a__.

·
Registered
809 Posts
If the quality is any good I may buy CD HPs for my daughters. I like the design and the 9 is a good cartridge for casual shooters. I have been following the HP and CD forums and the gun looks nice on the CD website. I have never heard anything bad about CD shotguns or anything good about their 1911s, so maybe there is a 50/50 chance the HP will be OK.

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It looks like the post I was responding to above has been removed, that makes my comments seem a little out of place on this thread.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts