1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I held a Dan Wesson Full Size Patriot in Stainless the other day. It felt real nice in my hand.

It is a .45acp full size 1911.

It was in very good condition with maybe one or two little scratches.

The price was $799 with a Wilson Magazine (8 Rounds).

A few questions for you experts and enthusiasts of Dan Wesson.

Is the Patriot the top of the line? I don't know which Patriot it was, but it had the loaded chamber indicator and a commander Hammer and fancy three hole (not really holes but triangles) trigger.

Are these accurate, and is $799 a good price?

I want to get a 1911 and have been considering a Colt, a Kimber, but the Dan Wesson looked and felt amazing.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,666 Posts
At the time, the Patriot was the top of the line for Dan Wesson. It should be VERY accurate and utterly reliable.

Do a search and you will find a great report on the Patiot by Mr Camp.

$800. bucks is not a bad price at all.

Bob

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Look at the stickies at the top of the DW section and you can read and see the advertisement for the Patriot. It would be a great gun to have in my opinion.

·
Hold my beer & watch this
5,570 Posts
It's a little notch in the barrel hood. If the chamber's empty,you won't see anything. If a round is in the chamber,you'll see the brass.

I feel they are completely useless,but they don't have an effect on the barrel's performance so I can take 'em or leave 'em.

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Thanks 2Transams

I just looked on my RZ, and I'm not seeing a peephole. Am I lame or is it only on the Patriot?

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Loaded chamber indicator

I have never seen a DW 1911 with a LCI. :scratch:

·
Registered
662 Posts
I've never seen or even heard of DW's coming with a loaded chamber indicator. I have a Patriot PTE-B (Pre-CZ, obviously) and a CBOB (CZ), neither has it. My best guess is that perhaps Tom is talking about the external extractor OR the barrel's been replaced with one that has the little notch cut for easy viewing.

The patriot was the creme-de-la-creme of DW's line up complete with forged frame/slide/barrel. It could be had with adj bo-mar style sights (Patriot Expert, PTE for short), or fixed sights (Patriot Marksman, PTM) and in buyer's choice of stainless steel (-S models) or blued chrome-moly steel(-B models). Also, it's worth noting that the frames of these were had a high-cut front strap to allow for a higher grip on the frame. Most, if not all the small parts were CMC's "aftermarket" parts. Accuracy should be supurb/excellent, as none left the factory without firing a 1.5" group, with an included test target to prove it. Mine, and most others I have seen, are quite a bit smaller than 1.5".

Sum it all up...
-Yes I have one and absolutely love it.
-Would I sell it? Nope.
-If I found another Patriot for sale around me, would I buy it. If I had the money at the time, certainly.
-Price? 799 is more than I paid, but I got mine a few years ago. IMHO, You'll won't find anything that comes close to the overall quality of the patriot without spending a heck of a lot more than 799. Except, of course, the current new DW models. It's worth 799 if you're willing to pay it, I guess.

Chevy

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, I went back, and it is $739, not $799.

It also includes 5 Magazines,so it seems like a good buy.

It is a Patriot - Expert I believe.

Seems like a real nice Pistol.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Buy It!

I have a Patriot Marksman Blued. I have not done a thing to it except shoot and clean it/ Fantastic 1911, very accurate and reliable. I'd jump on it if I were you! jwk

·
Registered
8,648 Posts
Don't need a chamber loaded indicator. All guns are considered loaded until you physically check them to verify otherwise. This especially true if shooting ammo using nickle-plated brass, which can be hard to see through a loaded chamber indicator.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts