1911Forum banner

Dan Wesson Valor

2K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  bellsguns 
#1 ·
Apparently while I was in the process of being discharged from the hospital yesterday, my wife was getting me a "Get Well Soon" present. So after the heart attack on 10/26, coming home only to be re-admitted on 11/03 with a kidney stone (6mm passed Monday night), I could claim I've had a pretty lousy time lately. I would say a Dan Wesson Valor helps ease the pain, so to speak. She knows I am in LOVE with my recent ECO, and I've always wanted a stainless 1911, as all mine are either black, or a darkish two tone finish combo. She said this should hold me over until the doc says she can REALLY show me how much she cares.

And as a side note, she said it was also for me sticking to not smoking, been tobacco free since the "ticker attack".

See less See more
#2 ·
She's a keeper! The Valor is nice too. ;) Hoping your recovery is quick and smooth.

#6 ·
Been there with the kidney stones man. I feel for ya and hope you get well soon, and as far as the Valor...I got one too...and LOVE it. Best purchase I've made. Congrats on beating the heart attack and kickin that stone out! Now go shoot the thing!

#9 ·

Took the Valor out today, not one issue. Probably the most accurate handgun I have ever shot, next to my ECO. I am quickly becoming a "fanboy" of the Dan Wesson's, the Kimbers and others sat at home today. I did take the new XDM 3.8 .45 with me just because it's new, and I like to make sure my guns function, other than that the Valor got the majority of the attention, pulled the ECO from its holster for one mag, reloaded and placed promptly back in holster for CCW, lol.

#12 ·
Boy those DW's are flat out shooters aren't they. My Cbob-10mm shoots like that too if I do my part. Their triggers help out as they are about the best I've run across. But overall I think it's the sum of overall good parts and build quality that makes them shooters. Congrats nice shooting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.