1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Boy I love these guns, and will continue to buy new and interesting versions. I have four as seen in my signature, and rate them as some of the best. But it seems CZ has held tight to the three 1911's available with no news of anything different. Does this bother anyone but me? Has creativity been stifled? Am I alone in my thoughts?:scratch:

PS - This is a peaceful question.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Snagglepuss said:
But it seems CZ has held tight to the three 1911's available with no news of anything different. Does this bother anyone but me? Has creativity been stifled? Am I alone in my thoughts?:scratch:

PS - This is a peaceful question.
It's frustrating - no doubt about it. One of the things that really set DW apart (when they were independently owned and operated) was the innovation. I'm sure that the ideas don't flow as freely these days. As much as I love 1911's in general, and DW 1911's in particular, I actually think they may be better served in trying to grow their revolver line-up right now. I don't think they should neglect the 1911 platform though. And offering some different finishes to the existing models, for example, would be a step in the right direction. Adding some different 1911's later on would be worthwhile, IMO.

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
Am I alone in my thoughts?
No, actually, I was wondering lately if you DW regulars are following Bob Serva over to Fusion........where I would say there is alot of the old creativity going on??

·
Registered
535 Posts
Potentially Interesting thread

I can only offer this reply I recieved when inquiring about the possibility of the cool new DW logo grips being offered in Micarta after seeing a recent thread:

next year but it does not have the DW logo on it. I wanted to see what
the response was first.

Keith Lawton
Production Manager
Dan Wesson Firearms
[email protected]

Snag' I don't know if you listen to "Garage Logic" (I really don't but have)

I'm gonna take this email and the words NEW MODEL as a Ray of Hope

I was looking for an outlet to stir the pot with this morsel, Thanks!

·
Registered
535 Posts
pyunker45 said:
No, actually, I was wondering lately if you DW regulars are following Bob Serva over to Fusion........where I would say there is alot of the old creativity going on??
Well, the thread author might have an interesting reply to that. :biglaugh:

Got any faith in Fusion there Snagglepuss? Enough to, oh I dunno... Plunk down some hard earned on a Longslide?:rock: :D

I also saw in another subforum a thread where Bob Serva was asking the client base what they wanted to see and letting input shape product development. Now where did he do that again?
Oh yeah...

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CAS Gunfighter said:
Well, the thread author might have an interesting reply to that. :biglaugh:

Got any faith in Fusion there Snagglepuss? Enough to, oh I dunno... Plunk down some hard earned on a Longslide?:rock: :D

I also saw in another subforum a thread where Bob Serva was asking the client base what they wanted to see and letting input shape product development. Now where did he do that again?
Oh yeah...
:eek: Got me

Is that your Razorback CAS, when did you get it you lucky dog?

·
Registered
717 Posts
Snagglepuss said:
CZ has held tight to the three 1911's available with no news of anything different. Does this bother anyone but me?
I am a little bothered by that. I would say more bothered by the fact that getting another DW would cost nearly 2x what I paid previously and feeling that I likely would not get something of even equal quality. I am also further bothered that I am feeling as if nobody really cares. It surprises me that nobody from DW posts once in a while just to let people know that they are listening. I think Bob really understands how to connect with the customers and I think it is unfortunate that DW seems to not have that skill without him.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I would gladly buy another DW but I need something besides 45 and 10mm.

I think the clear direction here is Black guns and new chamberings.

·
Registered
8,648 Posts
BadOscar said:
I am also further bothered that I am feeling as if nobody really cares. It surprises me that nobody from DW posts once in a while just to let people know that they are listening. I think Bob really understands how to connect with the customers and I think it is unfortunate that DW seems to not have that skill without him.
Hey, BO! Just remember that CZ call the shots, and not DW directly, as it was back in the Serva days... :)

·
Registered
523 Posts
I personally wish DW would come out with blued ones again first and foremost.

Then come out with a 45acp revolver. I think Smith is selling a lot of their model 625, 45acp's of late. Any of you know if DW revolvers still have the gorgeous polished blue finish they used to have?

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think only one of their two revolvers is black, and a matte finish at that. Still looks great and I would love to have an Alaskan someday.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Dave Severns said:
Hey, BO! Just remember that CZ call the shots, and not DW directly, as it was back in the Serva days... :)
Hi Dave, your right on that. It sounded like I was blaming the people at DW but my guess is their lack of presence is not their choice. When you need service or help with something they have always been so good to us. Maybe it is CZ that thinks letting them have a voice here affords them no benifit. What do you think... would their occasional voice here give them any tangible benifit?

I can say for me, if Bob had never started posting here and got people excited, there is a pretty high probability that I would not have purchased that first DW. The purchase of that Razorback is what led me to purchase 6 more DW's and tell several friends who have also purchased.

·
Registered
8,648 Posts
BadOscar said:
my guess is their lack of presence is not their choice.
:eek: :rock: My, whatever might you be hinting at... ;)

BadOscar said:
Maybe it is CZ that thinks letting them have a voice here affords them no benifit. What do you think... would their occasional voice here give them any tangible benifit?
I would agree with you 110%!

BTW, you still have that Pruitt Model?

·
Registered
717 Posts
No I never did get one of those. You know I saw one, new, at Kittery Trading Post around 6 years ago and the price was oh about $600. It pains me to think about that. That was about the time jd-08 was doing some work there I think. You remember him, not sure what ever happened to him.

·
Premium Member
1,522 Posts
i too am thinking of plunking down some hard earned cash on a new toy(ok maybe not quite so hard earned:dope: )
i've always loved my dw's but i too am taking a hard look at the fusions,i havent sent in a deposit yet as i'm torn between a .45acp to add to my dw possie or start a fusion collection with a new stainless custom .45.i dont think i could go wrong with the fusion,and the bulged extractor in my rz has left a bitter taste in my mouth.but i loved the pre cz bobtail i sold.just dont know what to do???maybe the new year will bring both!!!!!!!!!:scratch: :scratch:

but what i'd really like it seems bob is working on a DOUBLE stack 10mm longslide 15 rounds of 10mm in a semi custom 10mm would really be awesome!!it would make me sell my g20

rz-113,pre-cz pointman aussie,post cz rz

·
Registered
315 Posts
I am still holding out for the PM-9's, and hoping DW will make some available soon, not that I need another caliber :cool: . Haven't been able to stop thinking about them ever since I saw them here a few months back...

·
Registered
699 Posts
I think they should get their 10mm's on the CA approved list for starters, I'd be all over one in a heartbeat, but they only have .45's on the list for now.

·
Hold my beer & watch this
5,570 Posts
Now I gotta say that the CBOB is probably my favorite 1911 that I own,and it seems to be a good seller for DW. Nothing needs to change there.

If they put out a blued PM-7 I'd take a look,but I can probably get a blued STI Trojan for about the same price,and I'm not sure that the STI isn't a better pistol. And I'm not knocking the Seven,I'd pick it over a lot of others in the price range. Even a night-sight Seven would be nice...I prefer fixed sights.

And if 10mm's your game,the RZ is a great pistol as-is...but Fusion seems to offer a lot more options in the 10mm platform. I know more than one person who went with Fusion over DW for that reason.

I still recommend them to everybody,but it seems to me that Dan Wesson needs to get something new in the works. I guess we'll find out at SHOT what's up their sleeve...

But the fact is,DW can't please everyone. Kimber offers every size 1911 in every configuration,from basic to almost full custom,that's why they sell so many.

And it takes money to make money...it'd be silly to crank out every model imaginable and hope it sells. So maybe DW should stick with what they do,and do it well (which they do).

Ah,I'm just ramblin'. I hope I made sense.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts