1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This being winter for us Northern Hemispere types, and also due to the fact I just bought a new parka, here's a question: Am I the only one who really gets annoyed with drawstrings on coats? How poorly named they are, eh--should maybe be called tangleupyourdraw strings, hmm? ;) Anybody else here just cut the cursed things off?

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
No problem with coat drawstrings personally, but it's certainly important to practice drawing from concealment, according to the types of "cover garments" to be negotiated during the given season!
I know I need to emphasize this more than I do.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Use them as a lanyard. :biglaugh:

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks so much, Mark W...just for that pithy comment, I hope YOU need to wear a parka for the next four months--and long underwear to boot!:D Oh well, at least you didn't tell us about drinking water out of a horse's muddy hoofprint or somethin'...Back on topic, my disdain for ruin-your-draw strings continues unabated!:p

·
Registered
618 Posts
I just bought a fleece jacket with draw strings that adjust on the left and right hips. The toggles were bugging me so I cut the strings out. I say wack em!:D

·
Registered
27,694 Posts
Jeez Dover, you'd bitch if they hung you with a new rope. Is that all you have to complain about??? Get a grip, old son!:D
Merry Christmas

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This must be Bizzaro 1911 Forum, where I'm the grump, and BillD is the cheerful one!:D Actually, this was one of those threads started to maybe make a relative newbie or two say "Hmm, never thought about that, think I'll put on my cover garment, and see if that guy's got a point..."

M

·
0 Posts
Ok, I agree my first attempt was strictly for humor sake......But this one I'm serious.

Would it be possible to pin the strings in either straight up the zipper line or vertical down the draw string line to get them out of the way?

A couple of well placed safety pins should be the cure.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts