1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
As in Birdsong Performance Center 629....
Is that Birdsong????? I thought the OD Green Stealth Hunter was the Birdsong 44. I could be wrong???? Nice gun though.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Perhaps not the "Birdsong" of legend but in fact a S&W Performance Center Extreme Hunter 629 with factory Birdsong finish..

·
Premium Member
20,404 Posts
Geez guys, with a hogleg like like that size, who needs to be stealthy? I'm just sneaking over here from the 1911 stuff, but I've never seen a huge revolver that needed to worry about being sneaky!
Tracy

·
Registered
24,204 Posts
Model 329

I like the model twenty nines. I have a three inch blue one with the full lug and the unfluted cylinder. It is somewhat of a monster with full house rounds. However it is manageble with the factory packmars. It is fun to shoot but not all day. I have one of the new Scandium 4 inch 329's also. this gun is not at all pleasant to shoot with 44 magnum ammo. On the other hand it is really great as a 44 special platform and that is how I shoot it. I think it was really made for this purpose, but rated for 44 magnum if you needed it and also for the "tie me up and beat me" crowd. the six inch Astra knock off that I got for a very good price really surprised me with it's fit and finish. It handles well, has a pretty good trigger and is very accurate. I was very pleasantly surprised by this. :D

Keep shooting the fourty fours people. they are one gun you definately have to practice with if you want to remain proficient. Besides I do not think that ammunition is going to get any cheaper in the near future :rock:

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
Here is my old 29-2. Although it has seen a few hard days, it shoots as good as day number 1. I can drop a woodchuck at 40 yds every time. Not bad for a freebee from an old friend huh?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have a 4", 6", 8 3/8" and 10.5"

HighVelocity I really like that set up you got there

The next .44 on the list is something semi auto...Wildey, Desert Eagle or Automag. But I'll always turn to my 29 4" first

1 - 12 of 12 Posts