1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone direct me or inform me of the date of manafacture of a Stainless Steel Colt Mark IV Series 80 Officers Model with S/N SF132XX

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I called them. They do not give out information on modern serial numbers without buying their "Letter" for $100.00 !

Thanks for you info, is there any other way that you know of that I can narrow it down?

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks.

Anyone else got any connections to get this for me?

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I called them again and got a diffrent person and he gave me the date of 9/12/85. Thanks all

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
Why care other than in passing? Just curious

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I like to know all I can about everything I own, including my Firearms.

Now, can someone look at the Pic I posted in the start of this thread and tell me what Brand Name Trigger is on this Gun?

Also, The Grip Safety has been disconected, is it difficult to reconnect this or would it cause the trigger pull to be different? Possibly that's why it has been disconected?

Thanks.

·
Banned
5,943 Posts
P-51.......
It's a good thing to be inquisitive. I like to know the history of cars too. Sometimes you'll be surprised what you discover.
Regards,
Sma

·
Premium Member
5,062 Posts
You say the grip safety has been disconnected. I wonder if maybe whoever installed the trigger might have installed the sear spring incorrectly? Just a thought:confused:

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Could you direct me in how to take it down to determine that?
I know how to field strip it but after that I am lost.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I'm not a dummy by any means.

I have followed the instructions at the GunmenII Site and have disassembled the pistol. I have the sear out and I see no spring whatsoever.

I have a digital camera and can upload any pics that someone might need to help me figure out why the Grip Safety was not working.

Here are two parts that are not in the disassembly instructions that were on the right side of the Sear.

Here is the completed disassembly pic from GunmanII and it does not show these parts either and no spring in or around the sear.

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
Think "leaf spring" the piece that has the 3 "fingers"

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here are two shots of the Leaf spring. Does it look OK?

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Well, I got it back together. BTW those two extra parts are what operate the Firing Pin Safety on Series 80 Models Slide!

Still, the Grip Safety does not work. I am taking it to a Gunsmith tomorrow.

·
Banned
5,943 Posts
P51....

The grip safety in your Officer is not a factory item and it may be the culprit. Take it to your local smith and have him check it out.

Regards,
Sam

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I don't understand why you would say that Sam. Every Officers Model I have seen has the same Grip Safety!

Do you mean that it is not functional in an Officers Model? Only serving to have a Beavertail on the pistol?

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for the Pic Sam. I see what you mean. Possibly there is something wrong with this Grip Safety. Thanks for you help.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts