1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a web page some where to identify the date of manufacture by the gun's serial no. ? I have an older P14 (S/No. RH2***) but I'm looking to find out exactly when it was made.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'd be interested in this as well.

I figured when I registered my Para online, they would send some of that sort of information in an email.
I suppose another option would be to call or email the company.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Is there a web page some where to identify the date of manufacture by the gun's serial no. ? I have an older P14 (S/No. RH2***) but I'm looking to find out exactly when it was made.
It is definitely older. But the best way is to call the factory and ask them if they can do mfr date by serial. I've called and checked on some of mine and they never seem to have a problem doing it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I e mailed them last week and got the reponse two days later on when my gun was made. I sent the request in off their web page if im remembering right. Here is the womans name and phone number who e mailed me back.

Evelyn Aleman

Para-USA Inc.

954-202-4440

416-297-7855

·
Registered
812 Posts
Yep, call them up. That's probably the fastest way...

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, well since I've written 3 emails and can't get an answer to any of them I might have to try and call them.
It's the pretty typical "head-up-their-a$$" attitude we get here from a lot of the big companies just because we don't live in the US. I know a few unhappy potential customers within 20 miles of me. One guy wanted a new pair of Nite-Tac's in coyote brown, and just wanted to know if para could sell them with 10 shot mags, and guess what...... once again,no reply. He bought a pair of Kimbers.
Anyway, can anyone tell me where exactly are "they" and what's the time difference from there to eastern Australia?

·
Registered
812 Posts
The factory and the corporate office are in Scarborough, Canada...

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks fellers,
I got a reply just now, :eek:(maybe they read the posts here)
anyway I found my answers:

"Your pistol serial number RH2XXX was manufactured August 19, 1993. The frame would be blued carbon steel and the slide Carbon steel heat coated."

1 - 9 of 9 Posts