1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recentally purchased a older Davis D-22.
After screwing around with it for a while, I noticed that the selector (the pivoting hammer) has broken off at the post. I checked and I found that Cobra Industires out of Utah handles all of the Davis business now, after purchesing all of Davis tooling.

So I ordered the new selector ($7.00, and a set of pearl grips, $7.00), everything OK there, nice parts department.

I reassembled everything so I could pratice cocking it to fire, (but not dry-fireing it).

I wanted to carry the pistol with it in half-cock, so I put the hammer in half cock, and applied the safety.
I wanted to see if there was any way that the hammer could slip off the sear (trigger) and cause a ND. So I applied pressure to the hammer.
SNAP!! Hammer fall into safety!
I took the trigger (sear) off of the gun, and noticed that the steel has been snapped off!
I know that Davis is cheap, but I sure hope these new Cobra parts are tougher steel!
Anyone have any experances like this? Are these parts MIM? They sure seem brittle.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I had the D-32 and it never gave me any problems like that...it will be interesting to hear what the folks at Cobra have to say.

My D-32 actually got used probably waaaay more than it was designed for and always worked well for a Derringer.:(

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just got my parts from Cobra, they seem a lot better made then Davis. Everything went in normal, and my cam, was made of better steel than compaired to the old davis parts. Mabie I got a Friday gun? Now It seems like a winner. Ill shoot it soon and let you know.

I got the gun for $50. Now I am $20 with parts into it. $70 doesnt seem too bad...yet..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts