1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I live in Australia & can't get a hold of a Dawson Fibre Optic ( .040 )
Micro dot front sight for my Springer RO anywhere here. Firstly I'm keeping the original rear adjustable sight on my springer RO & want to swap out the original front blade with a matching ( size/height wise ) Dawson F/O to complement my original rear sight. If anyone knows the part number I need would be very much appreciated as I will probably use speed shooter int/world wide sports network to send me one as Dawson precision don't export/sell o'seas, their is a pic of a RO on Harrisons website fitted with a Dawson F/O which looks trick but he uses his own ' U shaped/elevated rear sight ' so I would hate to order wrong part number lol. I can source some Wilson combat mags for my RO locally which is good, any good info on the RO would be much appreciated as a lot of blokes over here use the STI trojan, Hopefully I've made a good choice with my RO!!

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I had SACS install a FO sight when it was back there having some work done. They installed part #020-042-00. .160T/.125W.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I bought my Dawson Red FO from John Harrison Part Number 103-DP-020-024
"Sight/Springfield/Front?1911/Opt/.180T/.125W/Ramped?Also Fits Dan Wesson1911/Tools Included 7/15"
The above came off the package the sight came in.
I also have his HD-002 square notch rear sight on the SA 9mm RO
Skee

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Consider keeping your plain black front sight. I shoot roughly half of my matches with a .45 RO with the factory black sights, and another guy at my club shoots a 9mm RO with the black sights, and we both do pretty well relative to the club's other single stack shooters.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone just a quick question

i'm looking at this on Dawsonprecision and im new to this kind of stuff.

example:
Sight/1911/Front/Stake On/Opt/.130T/.100W/.055 Narrow Tenon/Patridge/Tools Not Included.

.130T how to get this measurements? what part of the front sight is this?
.100W i know this
.055 Narrow ? what part of the front sight is this?

i have RO 1911 SFA.

thanks in advance

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone just a quick question

i'm looking at this on Dawsonprecision and im new to this kind of stuff.

example:
Sight/1911/Front/Stake On/Opt/.130T/.100W/.055 Narrow Tenon/Patridge/Tools Not Included.

.130T how to get this measurements? what part of the front sight is this?
.100W i know this
.055 Narrow ? what part of the front sight is this?

i have RO 1911 SFA.

thanks in advance

1 - 6 of 6 Posts