1911Forum banner

DD214/Veterans

1491 Views 10 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  White Spider
DID YOU KNOW?...................
An american veteran with honorable discharge is eligible for a Florida nonresident CCW permit without taking any classes?
Charge is $117.00 American. and FBI print check.
More to follow..........See Packing.org
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
53 Posts
I just got mine, but I used my NRA instructor card....

I asked them a while ago in an NRA instructor teaching NRA material was good enough.....well, after more than one email I got a definate 'maybe' and am still not sure, but I think it will... Good 'ol FLA!

· Registered
8,947 Posts
>triggerhappy said:
An american veteran with honorable discharge is eligible for a Florida nonresident CCW permit without taking any classes?
Dont forget to tell how many states its good in. Thats the best part. 25+ states have reciprocity with Florida.

:biglaugh:

· Registered
19 Posts
Reciprocity

Look careful on the receprocity or recognition. Michigan has numerous receprocities but will recognize any license to carry if the person is a resident of that state. No none resident state licenses are accepted.

· Registered
70 Posts
>triggerhappy said:

Yes, this is true. I used my DD214, after I got out of the Marines, to get my license. At least Fla is smart enough to know that if you served in the military, you had proper firearms training.

As for active duty non-resident, I'm not sure. But if you have a DD214 from prior service, I'd say use it, it should work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.