1911Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at school in a seminar about Criminal Justice and the instructor was talking about going into fields in the DEA, is there good jobs? Is this something I should be looking into, any info?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Greg,
this is the DEA home page http://www.usdoj.gov/dea/ with job info, etc. There are very few DEA agents compared to police officers, sheriffs, etc., but then that is the same with all federal L.E. They do operate overseas as well in an "advisory" type capacity for foreign governments own nacro task forces. Interesting line of work. Dangerous too (not that all L.E. isn't though). Make sure you look at their section for fallen agents, it has a brief bio and cause of death on each.

[This message has been edited by 1Adam12 (edited 11-20-2001).]

·
Registered
1 Posts
Greg,
I'm retired from DEA. Started on the the first day in July of 1973, came over fron the Customs Service where I was an S/A and if you are interested you might consider contacting one of the local offices and talk with one of the Agents assinged to recruiting. They can answer just about all your questions.. I'm assuming they still have them, did when I left.

------------------

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
You get there from the home page by clicking the About DEA link, then the DEA Wall of Honor link.

------------------
If God didn't want us to own guns, why did He make the 1911?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Chrismulka -

So what, exactly, are you saying? What do your comments have to do with Greg1911's questions about the DEA? It's nice that you thought to include some anti-gun control quotes in your post (although I believe just about everybody on this forum can recite them from memory), but you might try to explain your position in a more coherent fashion.

Is your problem with the DEA, federal agencies or law enforcement in general?

You may not know this, but LEOs swear an oath before God to uphold the Constitution as well. A lot of good men and women in federal, state, county and city jurisdictions put their lives on the line daily to protect the rights of both innocent citizens and the accused. We do our jobs even when someone says, "F to you and them."

By the way, swearing an oath to defend the Constitution entails defending the ENTIRE document, not just the parts you think are important. Ideas tend to be accepted when presented with a sound, convincing argument.

Feel free to respond, and have a nice day.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Stringer..looks like Chris forgot to take his Prozac this morning. :D Seriuosly, I am with Stringer on this...what is the purpose of your post and what does it have to do with a federal agency that enforces laws made by the people you elected.

·
Registered
370 Posts
ask this on Ar15.com webboard, there is a guy over there that is a former DEA helo pilot, i wont mention his name and just let him come out on his own, he should answer your Q's.

·
Administrator
18,614 Posts
Re: A wrong path

chrismulka said:
With all do respect to everyone here who has served there post as told to by there Puppet in charge.
When I swore to GOD when joining the U.S.Army. I swore to GOD to defend and uphold the consitution of the United States Of America. I Will always stand under that Oath of GOD, And Never sell out!
"The beauty of the second Amendment is, It will not be needed untill They try to take it:- Thomas Jefferson"
This year will go down in history. For the first time,a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will bee safer, Ouf police more efficent and the world will follew oue lead into the futufe!--Adolf Hitler 1935
And thats all I got to say about the GOV. And the unenforcing people, so now Im on there List. So F to you and them I live by the Law " Not By the GORE **** LAW "
DId I miss somthing here???

·
Administrator
18,614 Posts
Patrickl...
Yes, agreed...to say the very least!

·
In Memoriam
683 Posts
Gentlemen,

Somebody DID miss something; ME! I apologize for not checking in more thoroughly since this thread was initiated. You folks should not have to put up with nonsense.

One reply on this thread was completely out of line, and was in violation of 1911Forum policies, and an e-mail has been sent to that person.

We are guests in Jason's house, so to speak, and in joining this forum, we all agreed to abide by his rules. We all come here to visit and exchange information, not to fight.

I am reluctant to close this thread, as the original discussion was valid, and was being carried on in a gentlemanly manner, until the conversation was interrupted by an inappropriate post. It may be that someone has something else informative to offer.

However, if there are any further posts that are insulting or argumentative, any further use, direct or implied, of profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity, this thread will be closed, and appropriate measures will be taken to ensure that those responsible will not cause further problems.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts