1911Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it possible to Archive or Delete all threads with no activity in 6 months. I know from my exp. archiving works well just move them to the achive forum and lock the forum to replys. It will slolve some issues I think

oh and what about an offtopic forum. totally devoid of gun talk just a BS forum where we can talk about cars, sports mindless banter. It may create more traffic and keep members posting more often.

thanks for listening.

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
It requires a bit of manpower to archive threads. It can be done, but it is much easier to simply check the date of a thread, and if it has been inactive for a few months, don't revive it - start a new thread.

We have no desire to delete old threads. There is good info contained in old threads - the search button is a powerful tool.

There used to be an off-topic forum on this site, twice. Each time, it was a monumental task to moderate, and a breeding ground for insults, flames and general stupidity. This is a firearms site. It will stay that way. There most likely will never be another off topic forum here, and off topic posts are quickly deleted.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.