1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to find a distributer with Hi Powers ( Practical models ) in stock so my dealer can order me one. Anybody have any ideas?

Jim

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The entire transfer thing is a tough sell around here. Most of the dealers around these parts sell gun for profit not as a public service. There for by doing a transfer they end up cutting their own throats. They wont co-operate.

Thay also have sweet heart deals on the guns in stock and want to sell those not spend a lot of time on a special order for a brand they don't normally carry.

That is why I am trying to do the leg work. About the best I can hope for it to find some one willing to order this gun a full retail.

Jim

·
Premium Member
20,301 Posts
If you're willing to pay full retail and the dealer isn't willing to call around, I'd never step foot in the shop again. There's gotta be more gun shops around in neighboring towns. I've never paid full retail. Check the auction sites, most have lists of FFL's willing to accept transfers.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have only seen a few at the gunshows in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. The distributors some of these guys use are RSR, AccuSport and Sports South, Inc. A call to browning may be in order to locate one.

CDNN Investments may have some. Sportingarms.com shows one in 9mm ($619) and one in 40 S&W ($609). Sporting Arms is setup for transfer service to your FFL or pickup in Texas. Payment is online and a section on how to transfer to your FFL.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts