1911Forum banner

61 - 62 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
It sounds like you're having the same problem I did, with the case not extracting from the chamber. With both of my pistols it was a weak extractor spring. It's easy enough to replace, but with Taurus not selling parts separately you're stuck having to send it in for a lousy $1.50 spring.
I'm fairly surprised no one seems to take the peckers apart to measure springs and pins.. Lords know we got tons of parts for umpty designs - you just know manufacturers will reuse parts they order by the 100's of thousands in other designs - well, we got tons of designs to chose from.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My G2C experience

Purchased a G2C last fall and have put about 500rds through it without problems. Cleaned the pistol put it back into the safe since 9mm ammo is scarce. Went back to the range just the other day and put another 150rds through it and this time had trouble.

First twenty four rds. no problem, after that every 5th rd I had a FTE and had to eject the mag and cycle the slide a couple times to clear. I reinsert the same mag again without touching anything and finish emptying without problems.

I continued to have the same problem through the rest of the session. I didn't have a spare mag with me so I couldn't isolate the problem. I want to do some more testing to try and pinpoint the problem.

I was really happy with the gun up until the problems started. And for me the jury is still out until I can test some more. I definitely wouldn't count on it to save my life right now, it's not 100% reliable.

By comparison I have a Sig P6 which I bought used. I've put about 500rds through it 100% reliable not a single issue.

Anyway I'll post results after more testing.
Had another range session yesterday after replacing the plastic guide rod with captive spings for a stainless steel unit from lakeline llc. Ran about 200rds through both magazines and didn't have any problems. As to what the problem may have been, I don't know. The only other change was a sight upgrade to tru glo tfx tritium. So I will continue to use the pistol and make note of any problems.

61 - 62 of 62 Posts