1911Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please make a full size bobtail model. There are a lot of us that carry iwb so barell length isn't really a concern. But being able to bobtail that edge that always makes my sweaters ride up sure would be nice. Oh, and if ya do make a full size bobtail don't forget about us 10mm guys.

Thank you, that is all.

Btw, my 10mm cbob should be here soon, but I'm always looking to add to the collection. :)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Agreed, I'd like to see one as well.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Not a DW... but something like this?
Please,

Be careful post posting pics like that, I have a difficult time getting the drool out from between the characters on my keyboard.

I'll be off fantasizing about doing that bob & hardchrome to my RZ if you need me.

Rob

Seriously, I cannot make out the maker mark behind the grip... Whos gun and whos work?

·
Registered
551 Posts
Please,

Be careful post posting pics like that, I have a difficult time getting the drool out from between the characters on my keyboard.

I'll be off fantasizing about doing that bob & hardchrome to my RZ if you need me.

Rob

Seriously, I cannot make out the maker mark behind the grip... Whos gun and whos work?
Sorry about that. Try Glad Wrap. :)

It is the brand that you used to get in trouble for mentioning around here on any forum other than the "other 1911" forum, so I have to be careful.

The initials are NH and it rhymes with Fight Gawk. :biglaugh:

It is an early one, and this pic was taken many thousands or round ago. It' not this nice any more, but I like it better now!

They built it to my specs and even accommodated my request for a plain slide with no front grooves and no markings what so ever.

·
Premium Member
6,656 Posts
DW doesn't have to make any. Brownells has a gazillion Bobtail MSH for sale. Just buy one and install it, or have it installed. It's no big deal.

It ain't rocket science.

Bob

·
Registered
551 Posts
There is a little more to it than installing a MSH. There is a frame mod and MSH retaining pin relocation, then frame finish / refinish on most guns.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Sorry about that. Try Glad Wrap. :)
:biglaugh:

They built it to my specs and even accommodated my request for a plain slide with no front grooves and no markings what so ever.
As it should be. On both counts, customers wishes and that they all look better like that. Thanks for filling in the blank. It is very nice looking.

·
Registered
271 Posts
That Night Hawk is INCREDIBLE!

High-cut the grip, lose the ambi safety and maybe Melonite the slide. You can even leave the goofy hammer, I think I like it.

Thanks for the pic, fantastic handgun.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I ran across another shot from the same shoot that was the right size, so I added it to the original post.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts