1911Forum banner

Which one is the best bet

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't make up my mind!!
I'm wanting another 1911. It's going to be a host for my Osprey suppressor, and carried. Got it narrowed down to three

1. Springfield MC Operator(new style) I saw them @ the NRA show and loved the new frontstrap treatment, and I personally like the two tone look

2. Colt M45A1. I've already got one of there, but I like it enough to handle two of them.

3. Kimber Warrior SOC TFS. It's a Kimber, which is a gamble. It has the rail, threaded barrel and suppressor sights straight from the factory.

All of them would do what I want them to do. The Kimber is most "ready" to go out of the box, but it's a Kimber... I'm wary of them. The Colt and Springer would have to have the threaded barrel fit, and the sights changed. I hadn't been able to find all of them, but in the past week I've walked into two different dealers and found one of each (two of the Colts) Money/trade wise it's pretty much a wash. the Colt is the highest priced, then Kimber then the Operator (1100ish/1400ish/1600ish)
I keep telling myself to get the MC...but dang this is hard

·
Registered
370 Posts
Springfield all the way. I have an MC op and its by far my favorite handgun. I like it better than my TRP and a few others. Its a great one

·
Banned
608 Posts
Voted Springfield but wouldn't hesitate to buy a Kimber. If there is an issue their customer service is fantastic.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Honestly, I started to vote for the M45A1, then I actually read your post. If you already have the Colt, then the Springer is the logical answer. Easy day.

·
Premium Member
3,253 Posts
Number pleeeease! Operator . . . . . .

·
Registered
27 Posts
Colt M45A1

·
Registered
27 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Voted for springer - mostly because of faster customer service, if needed.
Looks mean nothing - functionality is EVERYTHING. So - springer and colt are basically a tie, with kimber a distant second. YMMV.
john

PS - FWIW, it took me almost 40 years of buying/shooting 1911s before I found THE best out-of-the-box, non-custom pistol - a DW Valor. I have changed/added NOTHING in 2+ years!!!! Again, YMMV

1 - 20 of 48 Posts