1911Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decisions, decisions. I’ve been saving up for my first high end 1911 with my eye on the Wilson Protector or Les Baer PII or Concept VI, all in stainless. However, I really like the look of the Ed Brown Executive Elite, the clean slide without the front serrations. My question, is the Ed Brown really worth the extra cash over the Wilson or Baer? Or are you just paying for a more exclusive gun? Any insights on the Wilson vs. Baer would be appreciated as well. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm sure you won't go wrong with either choice. Obviously, I'm partial to Wilsons, so that would be my choice. All my dealings with them have been great, and their customer service has been first rate. On the other hand, I've only heard good things about Ed Brown's, and the ones I've handled seemed very nice. Personally, I don't really like Les Baer firearms. It's just a personal preference. The one Les Baer I do like, the Monolith Commanche, seems to have some reliability problems. Also, although it doesn't seem to pertain to you, I don't like the finish on their guns. it doesn't seem to hold up very well.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I've owned all three brands you mentioned. My experience with them had me sell all except my Wilsons. The customer service and reliability of Wilsons made that an easy decision.

·
Registered
196 Posts

You won't go wrong with a Wilson (but I do have a LB SRP and would like an EB at some point-too many 1911s and not enough cash).

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I voted with my checkbook for both a LB and Wilson (I really liked the Broown, but could not find one). Search my posts for details on LB problems and suffice it to say that I trust my life to the stainless Wilson Protector in my duty holster ... suggest getting a .22 conversion for cheap practice as well!
mefly2
:cool:

·
Registered
462 Posts
The Wilson and Ed Brown are safe bets...the Les Baer is a non-starter.

Reason: The Baer is way too tight in my opinion...If you ever cycled the silde on a Les Baer, you'll know what I'm talking about. Yeah, some will argue that the Baer will "break in" after 1000 rounds and cycle smoothly...shouldn't be that tight out of the box.

Sorry, but it doesn't have to be tight to be right.

·
Administrator
18,611 Posts
Closed. Duplicate thread in EB.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.