1911Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off are the frames the same between the two defendsr models? Id like to run a commander 9mm slide kit on my defender to shoot cheaper ammo and also just because i want to. Curious to know if im able to or not.

Thanks for any knowledge available.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
No, they are not e same. The feed ramps, ejectors and slide stops are different. Not saying it can't be done, just it will not be as simple as fitting a new slide assembly to the frame. Also consider the idea of using a Commander length slide on a defender frame. The dust cover is shorter than on an officer frame, there will be a considerable gap.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok thats why this cat asks the questions before the curiousity kills him.

Guess ill be saving nickells and buy an emp 9mm or find a colt commander 9mm and have it bobbed.

·
Registered
23,235 Posts
I have both a .45 and 9mm (9x19) Defender and I think it would be cheaper in the long haul to get into reloading for the .45 which is not that much unless you are somebody like a LEO and get 9mm for free or next to free.

·
Registered
999 Posts
I have an idea but it would be expensive. You would need to find a commander ramped 9mm barrel and have the frame machined for a ramped barrel. Then you would have to obtain a 9mm slide. Heck it would be cheaper to get another gun.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts