1911Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking hard at the Colt Defender for my next purchase and ran across references to a .40 cal version - very limited production. This may be something to try and track down, somewhat limited production run. But, I'm concerned with problems that were never worked out and whatever the reasons were to not make any more.

Thanks for any info....

-- Chuck

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
I really don't think the .40 Defender is so limited. Its just not the seller that the .45 is. And its on the same platform. So no problems should be noticed.

·
Registered
118 Posts
The Colt Defender in 40 S&W was only made in 1999. Being a 1999 model it has some of the XS parts like the extended safey, raised area on grip safety and Novak style sights.
I believe Colt quit producing them because of lack of demand.
westendg

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I'm pretty sure they had some problem's with them too, most time's when I've heard of them, they didn't work right.
I'd stick with .45 in the gun, if only for resale value.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
I bought a Colt Defender last month in 45 but I really wanted one in 40. No real reason other than I dont own anyting in 40 cal so I figured I needed one. Makes sense to me...I do like the Defender, it has been flawless and has surprising accuracy.

------------------
No man is above the law and no man is below it. Nor do we ask any mans permission when we require him to obey it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts