1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've often said on here that my Defender will only feed hardball reliably, and since hollowpoints are my preferred carry round, the Defender was therefore not feasible for carry purposes.

Well, how times change. I recently bought a Taurus Millennium Pro PT145. Unlike the XD 45 Compact, which I took straight to the range right out of the box and it ran 100%, the Taurus requires that you do a thorough cleaning and oiling before you fire it, due to the degree of grease and "gunk" in it from the factory.

So anyway, after going through all of this with the PT145, it occurred to me that maybe I hadn't been properly oiling the Defender.

I could almost kick myself! After a complete clean and oil, the Defender ran over 100 rounds of Remington UMC JHP's without a single burp. Cleaning and oiling sounds like a newbie topic, but I guess I hadn't been properly oiling it, the slide-to-frame connection in particular.

So I guess I can love the Defender all over again.

:)

·
Registered
806 Posts
Yes, I understand what you are saying. I have never had any problems with any Colts I have bought feeding anything either. All pistols, including the Defender, have always been 100% reliable, even with hollow points.
Colt has come a very long way in the quality with their weapons.
I am glad you are happy with it.:)

·
Premium Member
8,055 Posts
Yep. That clean um up and slick um down thang works wonders. :rock:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts