1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shot my Defensive Combat again today. Took my time and didn't rush things like I did yesterday tring to compare it with my CQB and I'm glad I did ,this is one hell of a pistol.It's starting to get broken in and I'm getting a feel for it.I put the Def.Combat away then shot my CQB. The difference is more pronounced now. the Def. Combat is smoother and handles better. My thoughts are that this speaks volumes for the Dfe. Combat the CQB and the WILSON group. Although the Def. Combat is a better pistol for a $1000 less the CQB is an extraordinary piece of work. I'm very pleased with both and plan on keeping them for my grandkids. Hats off to WILSON no wonder they're considered the BEST.........

·
Registered
49 Posts
I shot my full size CQB today in my weekly 100 round IDPA qualifier simulation. Have had it for 3 months now. I cannot imagine a better gun, and I have had Kimbers and accurized Colts. Again, I cannot imagine anything better than this gun. The trigger is like breaking glass, it never has a failure to feed or fire, the sights are great.

So what is the difference between the CQB and the combat custom? Please let me know. I already want one!!!

Tim

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tphipps,My Defensive Combat is not made any longer. It is a full custom pistol from WILSON. This is why I say that it being a full custom and the way the CQB stacks up against it tells me WILSON is really on top of their game because the CQB is such GREAT PISTOL.The Def.Combat sold for $2800 and as you know the CQB sells for $1800.I understand that it's hard to beleive that WILSON builds a better pistol than the CQB and I wouldn't have though so my self untill I got my Def.Combat but it's true. The Def. Combat is just a better pistol,smoother feels better in my hand and is more accurate. If I didn't get such a great deal on the Def. Combat I wouldn't have bought it as I'm very pleased with my CQB. It was one of those once in a life time deals that you hear about and I couldn't pass it up.,just glad I had some extra cash around.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thanks, Joee. Now I really want one! I got a great deal on my CQB, and really love to shoot the gun. Everything else pales in comparison. Wilson is quite a company. I hope they stay that way!

Tim

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SORRY BUD, FB3 HAS BOUGHT THE COMPANION PISTOL TO MINE.............LUCKY GUY

1 - 6 of 6 Posts