1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of buying a Del-Ton upper to put on my Bushmaster lower, any buddy have any experience with Del-Ton?

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
I ordered 2 Del-Ton custom uppers in FEB and still don't have them. I ordered the 1/7 twist, they have not gotten any of those barrels in. If you are getting a flat top specify in the comment block that you want a 'F' market front sight other wise you will get a rifle FSB that is not conducive to BUIS.

They said I could change to 1/9 and they could put them together now, I elected to wait for the 1/7.

Truth be told I have given alot of thought to canceling them and going with Bravo Co. BCM makes top notch uppers at a really great price and they are in-stock now.
http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/AR15-Upper-Receiver-Groups-s/1.htm

·
Registered
921 Posts
I bought a kit from del-ton. I love it, they have a good thing going.
good service too, I had a question and called them and they were good about getting my questions answered before I hung up. No messing around with email or delayed responses.

·
Premium Member
2,535 Posts
+1 for Del-ton, they are pretty busy but that's because they sell a top notch product at a good price. it's worth the wait.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I bought a upper from them before the current unpleasantness. They are a great company to do business with, and I have been 100% happy with my upper.

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
They are a great company to do business with, and I have been 100% happy with my upper.
I wanted to ask them questions about my build. It took them a long time to reply by email. They sent me a link that is basically a forum. I can post question and get replies directly with the guy doing my build. Kinda cool.

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
This thread was good luck for me. I just got the email today my Del-Ton uppers shipped on the 27th, 8 months. To be fair I could have got it sooner but I held out for the 1/7 twist.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I did a review on my Del-ton kit, let me pull up the link. In short, I'm very happy with it. i have had 3 malfunctions, due to(what I think) UMC ammo. I've had 750 rounds through it so far. I love it, a great gun.

ETA: here's the link

http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=237195

and here's a pic, because no thread is complete without a pic :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
+1 on the positives about Del-ton. I was having some trouble with mine shooting straight so I took it to a local gunsmith. Upon looking at it, he pointed out the fact that the sight I was using was milled improperly. When I asked him if I needed to have him do anything to the upper, the man responded with a VERY emphatic, "NO!" and said that it was absolutely perfect the way it was. Fixed the sight and it now shoots beautifully.

One thing I will add though is that it absolutely hates steel cased ammo. After a few rounds, the chamber gunks up and the bolt rips a chunk off of the boat tail due to the case being stuck. Gotta knock it out with a cleaning rod. Brass cased is the way to go. At least with mine.

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
After a few rounds, the chamber gunks up and the bolt rips a chunk off of the boat tail due to the case being stuck. Gotta knock it out with a cleaning rod. Brass cased is the way to go. At least with mine.
Do you mean case rim? I am gonna go with yes. Steel cases are know to gunk up the chamber. The steel case does not expand like brass, therefor gas, carbon and gunk in general gets between the chamber and case. It normally takes a few rounds till it becomes an issue. I have lots of steel stuff at home so one day I will find out how my two do.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Do you mean case rim? I am gonna go with yes. Steel cases are know to gunk up the chamber. The steel case does not expand like brass, therefor gas, carbon and gunk in general gets between the chamber and case. It normally takes a few rounds till it becomes an issue. I have lots of steel stuff at home so one day I will find out how my two do.
Yup, that would be it. I was a little tired when I posted that. My apologies.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts