1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I need some input. I have a Delta Gold Cup that I've had for awhile.

I have seen the interest in the 10 mm and I've always loved it

Now for my question, all I see on the auction sites are Delta Elites never a GC, what gives? The only difference I see is the adjustable sites and trigger. Were there fewer of the GC's or do the owners of them (like me) never want to part with it??

Thanks for any responses

Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
I know where you can get a Delta 10 GP, probably for ~$850, supposed to be unfired (not mine Forum police!). It was on an auction, did not make min of $900. I received pictures & it has a nasty take down mark and several sizable scratches around the trigger. Probably a decent deal, I just did not want the marks. It is one of the 1/500 cust shop.

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,054 Posts
I think the blued DGC is the rarest regular-production version of the Delta line; didn't they make it for just one year? Never seen one.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Just out of curiosity, it appears that the Delta Elite Gold Cup has an Eliason rear sight. If so, how would that work with a 10mm? The Eliasons failed fairly often with the .45 Gold Cup when using anything heavier than light target loads.

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,054 Posts
I thought the Delta GC had an Accro? The 10mm Double Eagle had an Accro.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I could easily be wrong on this. The sight I saw in the photo didn't look like it was fitted in a dovetail, and I assumed that it was an Eliason. Sorry for any confusion.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Mine was an Eliason

I had a SS DEGC that I foolishly sold a few years back before I really appreciated the 1911 design. Oh well, at least it fed my kids and paid some bills. I got around $1000 for it.

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
My daily carry gun for the last seven years has been a stainless Delta Gold Cup. As a 10MM fan, I snatched it up as soon as I saw it and it has not disappointed. Thus far it has been accurate and totally reliable - I have never had a malfunction.

I use Colt and Chip McCormick mags and a mix of MagSafe 46gr/2400fps and CorBon 155/1350fps for carry ammo. (Originally used Silvertips.) Chip has made up some more of his excellent 10MM mags, should anyone need some, by the way.

My gun came with an Accro sight, which has remained firmly in place, even when shooting the max effort 175gr Winchester Silvertips.

The older Gold Cups did occasionally have a front sight come loose - something to do with the greater mass of the GC sight and the flat rib I suspect. I did notice some looseness in the front sight and rather than just restaking it, I had a Trijicon front sight installed using the MMC tool. No further problems! Now that Trijicon makes a drop-in tritium rear sight for the Elliason/Accro cut I just may add that as well. First I have to ask them if their tritium capsules can take 10MM slide velocity!

It's a neat gun - I enjoy carrying mine, although the gun's value is up over $1000 according to some. I would replace the recoil spring system (save the original parts!) with a standard Colt recoil spring guide (always use a shock buff during practice sessions - and always remove it for carry) and a 20-22 lb spring. IMSI makes a great 20lb spring - but IT MUST BE CUT TO LENGTH or you will coil bind it and DAMAGE your gun! Change it every 1000-2000 rounds or when you notice the ejection getting more forceful or your ShokBuff getting chewed up.

Enjoy your Delta Gold Cup!

Warmly, Col. Colt

"Beware of Counterfeits & Patent Infringements" - Samuel Colt, from a mid-1850's Colt Newspaper Ad. More True today than 150 years ago!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts