1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed that whe I remove a loaded round from the chamber in my Delta, the bullet is often pushed down inside the case neck significantly. I do not claim to be an expert, but can't that cause dangerously high chamber pressure?

This has happened using PMC, UMC, and handloads. If I gently lower the slide on the first round I notice no such problem, but the 1911 was designed to be loaded with the slide moving forward at full speed.

I am using a 20# wolf spring w/buff, FLGR. I have shot about three hundred rounds through it so far, and have not had any rounds go KB, but would really rather aviod that. I really like the weapon and the round.

My thought is feed ramp shape of some sort. It is smooth, no machine marks or burrs. When I lower the slide slowly I cannot see the round hang up at all going into the chamber, it appears to work smoothly.

If any of you 10mm guys out there have any ideas or suggestions, I would appreciate your input on solving this.

Thanks in advance.

Herman

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,299 Posts
Even when I had a 24# spring in mine, I never saw obvious set-back, unless the same round was chambered three or four times. Set-back would be very dangerous with most 10mm loads.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Come to think of it, it is in the same two rounds that are loaded and unloaded regularly. I've tinkered and messed with it trying to firure it out to no avail. I never let myself believe it could be that simple, but in this case I do believe it is. I slammed the slide home on a mag full of fresh rounds with no set back in any of them.

When you go looking for a complicated solution to a simple problem it is best to look a the simple things first, or you appear simple in front of a bunch of others. I'm not really dumb.

Hope that is the problem (not the dumb part) and thanks RickB and all others for your input.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts