1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After opening all my presents, I noticed the wife and kids didn't get me any guns for christmas.(for the 27th straight year) So while I was visiting my dad I stopped into a local gun shop to see what he had. Eureka... A stainless Delta with a Kings .40 barrel fitted to it. The gun looked to be in great shape and came with the original barrel and bushing and 4 Colt mags(all 10mm). After a round of brief round of negotiations I came away with the Delta for 600. Now I have to have it shipped to an FFL to hold for 3 months while I get some more permits....Living in the Republic sucks.

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Wow, they take the waiting period to extremes don't they! Good find. I am cruising around looking for a blue pre-enhanced that someone wants to give away.

·
Registered
128 Posts
That is just a shame, I will send you $650 for it and if I ever decide to sell it, I'll sell it back to you for $600.;)

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Actually, me and the wife just bought an indoor range in Bristol,Pa and I am either going to use one of the Deltas as a rental gun or stock the shelfs when we open. The problem is that I have a hard time gettting rid of any of the Colts. It may be just as hard to put them in the rental rack, but I wanted to have available a 40, 10mm, 38 super and a 9x23 so people could try them out before they purchase one. I plan to specialize in Colts, both new and old. We should be opening Jan 2nd for business.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Joemc,
That's the way to start to new year! Great success in your new venture. Why don't you share some stories with us once you get going?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Rental???

First, congrats on the business opening.

A Delta Elite for a range rental gun? Why? If you want to permit someone to test fire the 10mm, why not a Glock 20 since they're still in production? I know of a nice Glock 20 (new model) you can pick up for about $425. Dan Wesson Direct also has a prototype Patriot 10mm on sale now. If you plan to "arm" yourself in your new business, why not use the Delta for that? Hate to see a Delta used and abused by people who will put their weak thumb over the top of their strong hand on a semi-auto pistol.

Good luck with the other Colts. I was in Lexington, KY several times this year and visit a few dealers there. One of the "volume" dealers reported that he is getting a lot of hits on Colts again. He said they are about even with Kimber and Springfield Armory in sales at his shop.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Nah! Stay with Colts!!! Everybody sells Glocks, Kimbers and Rugers.

Where is your range located. How about posting the address after you open so we can find it?

Recently purchased a new commander and it works flawlessly.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Don't take me wrong, I am far from a Glock fan! I just hate to see a Delta Elite used and abused.

My only point is renting a Delta Elite, which you can no longer purchase new, is not going to help your sales side of the business unless you have a secret source of a bunch of Deltas. When I rent at a range, it's because "I've always wondered what those shoot like" or "I'm in the market for a new gun and this one is on the list of possibilities."

As far as Colts....I just finished selling off a half dozen plinkers (Uberti's, Ruger, NEF) to put two more Colts in my stable. I'm looking for more E-bayable odds-n-ends around the house so I can finance a couple more Colts. I'm a believer in the "new" Colt.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts