1911Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Delta Taboo?

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Emily W Trott 
#1 ·
Just a question...is there some prohibition against discussing the "Delta" special ops guys on the forum? I was just down on the "Wilson" page and a couple of threads were closed rather abruptly with an almost "we can't talk about those guys" tone. Do they come in the night and visit posters who mention them?

Just curious.

Buck

#5 ·
If you want more info on the unit then I'd suggest looking into the books, Delta Force by Col. Charlie Beckwith (founder and first commander)and Inside Delta Force by CSM. Eric Haney (one of the original members).

Both are good books and you'll get a hell of a lot more information (not BS from some poser or know nothing moron) from those books then you will ever get from anywhere else.

#7 ·
Bangbang's right about the books. You'll learn alot from them but I think they only go up to the 80's with info. My tactical carbine instructor was a former Delta operator and certainly wouldn't talk about anything except that they were using equipment we would probably never see or ever hear about.

#8 ·
More info on all Spec Ops and their operations wil be forthcoming in several books, internet forums and television programs......

in forty years or so, the same amount of time it took to get the truth on Cold War operations, and then only what is deemed fit for public consumption. There's a good reason to keep a tight lid on those matters, mainly to protect those who protect us. And it may be best left at that.

#9 ·
Dear Buck,

The prohibition is that we have no longer have a general discussion area on this forum. Aside from some political topics our discussions here are restricted exclusively to firearms related subjects. If someone wishes to discuss the firearms used by Delta Force, or any other special operations troops, he or she is welcome to. Stay safe, Gary

PS- We also have a prohibition on new threads which deal with topics that have been closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.