1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to posting here as you can tell, but I'm in seeing what types of deployment pistols that people have been getting lately. After owning a few revolvers, and several autoloaders I was looking for my first 1911. I've been doing a ton of research over the past year, my Battalion is getting SIG GSR's for deployment pistols, Brigade is getting ParaOrdnance, which began my intensive search for the right 1911 for me. I'm just back from R&R and went through all major manufacturers while I was home to find the perfect fit for me. My wife began to think I was obsessed with 1911's, and I told her I was, because I didn't want to spend $800-1500 for the wrong pistol, she quickly agreed. I tried Kimbers, Springers, Paras, Sigs, Colts, Taurus' new 1911 (which my father-in-law loved), and a few others. Once a compared the DW CBOB to the others, it was a no brainer. I ordered my new CBOB and it arrived the day before I left to come back to A-stan. I couldn't have been happier with my purchase. So, Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, and Marines God Bless you all, we have a long job ahead of us, but for now, let's see your Deployment presents. ATW!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,725 Posts
Welcome to the DW Forum, one Mod. is a Master PistolSmith (Dave),
and one member is a Custom Pistol Grip Maker (Sarge43).
We will give you info, and our opinions, and yes, we joke around sometimes amongst ourselves.

Clyde

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
Congrats on your new gun. Thank you for your service. Take care, and can't wait to read your range report when you get back. :rock:

·
Premium Member
8,055 Posts
Welcome here ABN. Be safe. :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Both BN and BDE ordered ParaOrd pistols for us. They actually only had minor differences, I won't get it till after block leave, but I'll post pictures once I get it.

·
Registered
366 Posts
You picked a sweet piece :rock: Be safe, Godspeed.

·
Banned
4,761 Posts
Congrats on the CBOB and Godspeed. Thanks for your service sir.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm new to posting here as you can tell, but I'm in seeing what types of deployment pistols that people have been getting lately. After owning a few revolvers, and several autoloaders I was looking for my first 1911. I've been doing a ton of research over the past year, my Battalion is getting SIG GSR's for deployment pistols, Brigade is getting ParaOrdnance, which began my intensive search for the right 1911 for me. I'm just back from R&R and went through all major manufacturers while I was home to find the perfect fit for me. My wife began to think I was obsessed with 1911's, and I told her I was, because I didn't want to spend $800-1500 for the wrong pistol, she quickly agreed. I tried Kimbers, Springers, Paras, Sigs, Colts, Taurus' new 1911 (which my father-in-law loved), and a few others. Once a compared the DW CBOB to the others, it was a no brainer. I ordered my new CBOB and it arrived the day before I left to come back to A-stan. I couldn't have been happier with my purchase. So, Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, and Marines God Bless you all, we have a long job ahead of us, but for now, let's see your Deployment presents. ATW!
Smart choice! My son is career Army with one tour in Iraq. His next one will probably be A-stan.

Go with God & be safe!

Thak you for your service!!

Hawkeyesas

·
Registered
466 Posts
Glad to know I'm not the only one that got a Dan Wesson while deployed! :rock::rock:

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
thanks for your service and we are proud to have you with us here on the forum, outstanding choice in weapons my hopes and prayers that you and your cadre will soon be returned. Keep your powder dry and your senses sharp.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Glad to hear things have changed for the better. The entire time I was in the military, both home and over seas I saw nothing but M-16a2's M-16a4's M-4's and M-9's. To even ask for anything else was grounds for punishment.

·
Banned
1,327 Posts
You aren't outfitted with the m9? What branch of the military are you?
I'm scratching my haed right now... how did you guys end up with .45s?!

What happened to the baretta M9?

...and why Para?!:barf:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Thanks so much for your service! Congrats on your CBOB purchase and welcome to the Dan Wesson experience! I am confident you will enjoy this fine weapon. Stay Safe!

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
ABN, congratulations on the purchase of a great weapon. It's been said many times but we deeply thank you for your service to our great country! God Bless and Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Welcome. Stay safe over there and thank you!

If he's still in Ranger Bat then Spec Ops is probably generally issued different handguns. Depends on Bat SOP?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts