1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at the DeSantis holster line and would like some feedback from people who have used these holsters. I'm interested in the "Inner Piece". I'm considering the model without a thumb break for condition 1 carry of a Kimber Custom II TLE.

First forum post so pardon any mistakes :eek:

Thanks,

mike b

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I've used their holsters for over 15 years, and have not had any problems with them. although I don't know what a inner piece is.

·
Super Moderator
13,417 Posts
Mike,
Welcome. The Inner Peace is probably a decent holster, but why not spend an additional few bucks and get a high quality and the original IWB, the Milt Sparks Summer Special or Summer Special 2. I think in the long run you'll be much happier.

·
Registered
841 Posts
I like their OWB holsters - Galco "concealable" is probably the best OWB since it really tugs the grip of the gun into your side. The DeSantis does the same just not as well I guess. But for the money its a bargin...

As for the inner piece its a "decent" IWB holster if you are really tight on a budget. I found them a little flimsy if your belt is not bolted down. The mouth is not really re-inforced so it may close on you after draw. If you can't afford a Sparks IWB (Heritage, SSII, VM-2 all of which have a re-inforced mouth and solid craftmanship) at this time then by all means get the inner piece for now but I'm sure down the road you'll want to "upgrade". Maybe not, who knows? You can get one for about $34 here. But for another $30 or so you can get a SSII from Brownells (only available in tan but i like horsehide or the #1H from Sparks).

I know the narcotics unit and undercover unit in the city I'm from carry Gov't size 1911's and they all use the DeSantis Inner Piece w/TB. I'm not sure if this is dept issue but I bet it is. I also heard that the FBI's HRT also utilize this same holster for certain "missions".

Let us know what you get! Good luck / stay safe!

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I have a DeSantis Inner Peace that I bought used off this forum. I have found that it is a serviceable and quite comfortable IWB holster for me.

I know there are other holsters out there and am sure that many are better. But I get good use out of my Inner Peace. I'm not sure if I would have paid full price and bought one new, but I got a good deal on a slightly used one and have been quite pleased.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the input

I appreciate everyone's input and welcome.

After serious consideration I think I'll be calling Lighting Arms to join the ranks of VM2 owners. It seems the other holster would be servicable. But I'm impressed by the impact of your statements regarding all day comfort and stable presentation for drawing. I can swing the bucks for one, but not two holsters if I suffer remorse.

Thanks for making this forum happen!

·
Premium Member
20,302 Posts
Wise choice, Mike. Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
841 Posts
I should mention that the BEST DeSantis holster out there is called the 01CL or AKA Cocked & Locked made for the Gov't size 1911 [edit] *also I heard the 01L (lock hole holster used by US Secret Service) is made with the same quality as the 01CL*. It borders on "custom" as it is probably the best made DeSantis holster in their line (highly detailed and better type of molding). I heard that it was originally made for FBI HRT & other military groups but was dropped. The local city PD (detectives and plain clothes) uses this style holster when wearing OWB. They all have great things to say about this model holster as they say it is very sturdy and very detailed. I guess the cant is good and it only has the "two" slot instead of the standard "three" slot DeSantis OWB holster.

I just think if you are interested in an IWB and you have the cash to boot your best bet is to look into Milt Sparks as they are proven and a lot of professionals swear by them...

·
Registered
108 Posts
ol1911-

Good morning. Hopefully there is an 01L in my near future, so I'll report back on the quality.

Thanks,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts