1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is my First 1911 purchase so I am pretty new to 1911 handguns. Other weapons incluse a S & W mod 60ls 357 mag (my edc), a colt mustang xsp ( wifes bedside gun) and a desert eagle baby 9mm poly full size (my bedside weapon). I brought home the eagle 45 and my wife immediately laid claim to it, so I said ok let me break it in and it's yours. Long story short, this weapon shoots so smooth and accurate, I sold my DE 9 and ordered another just like it for me. I am impressed with the tightness, fit and finish.
I put a mag full of golden sabres through it right out of the box without a hiccup. I finished the breakin with 500 rnds of 230 gr jackedet round nose with not one problem. Had a few failures to lock back after last round but i have a bad habit of keeping a thumb on the slide lock, so it was 99% me on those. Didn't happen with my daughter shooting so I am sure it was my thumb.
Bottom line no complaints whatsoever.
I would recommend these weapons to anyone.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I have the DE commander and it is without doubt one of the beat shooting pistols I ever shot. Great value and great trigger.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Very happy with my 1911G and have been thinking about a stainless 1911C. If DE came out with a stainless bobtail commander with nite sights I'd order one tomorrow.......

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Unfortunately the same happens with me. I bring home a new pride and joy, and my GF lays claim to it.

When will the madness stop. I am hoping one day she brings home the Ed Brown I keep eyeing at the LGS, so I can lay claim to it.

Hey enjoy your new twins.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Meet the twins!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And they are only 9 numbers apart on serial #

·
Registered
171 Posts
I traded up my first DE 1911C yesterday, early serial number C0010XX. I can't seem to find much information about the early DE's. Mine has the bushing, be interesting to know more history on the DE 1911C.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Mine aren't twins, but big brother G (5") and little brother U (3"). I've found them both to be excellent in every way with both having 3 1/4 lbs. trigger. About 2000 rds thru the 5" and 1000 thru the 3" with no issues.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts