1911Forum banner

Desert Eagle .45 Baby Eagle

2280 9
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
140 Posts
I haven't shot the .45 but i did shoot a .40 about a year or so ago.....it was very accurate(and I'm still learning on my 1911) and a very nice looking and feeling gun....it was a friends dad's gun so I don't really know the price or nothing, but I like that gun alot....but then I saw the 1911 and like that one better....just wish I was accurate with it as I was with the baby eagle

· Registered
725 Posts
Shootcraps is right it's a CZ type sorta like the Witness guns, and also the gub has nothing to do with the Desert Eagle except it's made by the same company (IMI) and imported by the same company (Magnum Research), the actual model name is Jericho, MRI started marketing it as the Baby eagle in the states to play off the popularity and mystic of the Desert Eagle, hoping folks would buy the cheaper Baby eagle just so the could say they owned a Desert Eagle.
But as for the question, most folks that have them say they like them but they are a bit heavy and bulky, but say the are fairly accurate and reliable.

· Registered
42 Posts
MBOFFICER said:
Ok guys... Would the "Magnum Research, Desert Eagle .45 {Baby Eagle}" be considered a 1911 style weapon?
Recently a couple of guys I work with got into guns and one for some reason now thinks EVERY handgun is a 1911 style gun. :biglaugh:

So far I've been asked by this guy if Barettas, Glocks, Taurus 24/7's, Sigs (226, not the GSR) and all CZ style pistols are 1911 style. :scratch:

· Registered
207 Posts
Allen1911 said:
Recently a couple of guys I work with got into guns and one for some reason now thinks EVERY handgun is a 1911 style gun. :biglaugh:

So far I've been asked by this guy if Barettas, Glocks, Taurus 24/7's, Sigs (226, not the GSR) and all CZ style pistols are 1911 style. :scratch:
Well, if by "1911 style" he means it has a barrel, and a trigger, and a magazine, then yes, they are.:rofl:

· Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Kilroy6644 said:
Well, if by "1911 style" he means it has a barrel, and a trigger, and a magazine, then yes, they are.:rofl:
Ok guys, If I wanted a smartass answer I'd have stayed married...... Just asking a simple question. Pardon Me....:rolleyes:

· Registered
207 Posts
MBOFFICER said:
Ok guys, If I wanted a smartass answer I'd have stayed married...... Just asking a simple question. Pardon Me....:rolleyes:
Sorry. I wasn't referring to you, but to the guy in Allen1911's post. No offense intended.

· Registered
42 Posts
No offense intended in my post either. In fact, so far with the guy I was referring to, I've just been politely correcting him. I have been finding some humor in it, but it's all in fun!

There are some pretty distinct families of guns and sometimes with all the flavors of 1911 I could see some confusion. Heck, a baby eagle is similar to a CZ, some of which (like a 1911) can be carried cocked and locked. I don't know if the baby eagle can be though. I think it's got a decocker that works simlar to the Baretta 92/96 (which scares me in the way it allows the hammer to come down so fast). Also, I'm not sure about the B.E., but I know some CZ's (all, maybe?) use a barrel lug type lock-up, similar to how a 1911 barrel locks up, instead of using the barrel hood area to lock the gun up like so many Sigs and my Taurus PT-111.

Ultimately, the 1911 was one of the first few autoloading pistol designs. A lot of autoloading pistols are based at least in some small way on it or its predecessors.

· Registered
725 Posts
MBOFFICER said:
Lighten up fella, I answered your question to the best of my knowledge, the other guys saw that and was just playing off the comment another fella made to you, no harm no foul we do like to tease each other here once in awhile but it's all in good fun. Hopefully ya got the answer ya wanted if not, feel free to PM me and maybe I can help ya, I belong to a Desert Eagle forum as well and a few guys over theier also have the Jerico's.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.