1911Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that most parts such as trigger, grip safety, main spring housing etc. can be replaced with after market parts. But can the double spring recoil guide rod and barrel be replaced with after market parts and does it require much hand fitting? Are there after market springs available for the double spring recoil system? Also, since this is an older WA mfg. all stainless gun will there be a galling problem? I ask because I have an opportunity to purchase a Scoremaster but I want to know what I'm getting myself into first. Since I don't want the opportunity to purchase this pistol to get away from me I posted this question on the Gunsmithing Board also. Thanks guys.

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,051 Posts
I'm sure you can replace the barrel and recoil systems with aftermarket "1911" parts. King's makes a dual-spring system for the Delta Elite, and their replacement springs might work with your Detonics rod - I don't know if they offer a wide range of spring rates, or not. You could probably just replace the outer spring on the Detonics set-up, and let the smaller, inner spring just sort of go along for the ride; on a 5" .45, you don't need a trick spring system.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts