1911Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if the Wilson Sentinel mags will fit flush in a Detonics Combat Master? Can someone with a Sentinel measure their mag, and tell me how long they are from the mag catch to the top of the basepad (to compare to the catch-to-baseplate measurement on my Detonics mags)?

·
Registered
101 Posts
RickB,
I have purchased several Wilson Sentinal Magazines for my Detonics CombatMaster MKVI. They extend about 1/8" - 3/16" past the bottom of the grip. I installed a Ed Brown mag well with removable well and they fit and look great. I epoxy a 1/8" solid rubber O ring piece to the top of the pad at the front. The O ring just compresses as the mag locks into place preventing play and over insertion. Just cut the Home Depot O ring with a razor blade to the size needed. I feel the Wilson magazines are superior to the stock Detonics or the Metalform replacements from Brownell's. I have the 6 and the 8 round Sentinal mags. Without the mag well your mag will stock out the grip a little but less than an Officers Model Mag.
Bob

1 - 2 of 2 Posts