1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
www.huntswithdouble.com/ If you live in the Detroit area and haven't checked out this range you should..I am a member since it's opening last year and can't say enough about this place. very professional,great instruction and actually spotless! a big deal if you are used to any of this areas other ranges. the Detroit FBI swat and secret service shoot here among others..just thought I would pass this link on as they have just completed their website..Steve

·
Registered
20 Posts
Nice find Steve ! Thanks....

·
Banned
1,866 Posts
I haven't had a chance to actually go and check out the facility yet, but I will take your word on it that it is as nice as you say (there are a few pictures on their web site too).

BUT, and this is a big BUT, they want $600 per year for membership and a $150 initiation fee. Then, and only then, do you get the privilege of shooting there for $15 per hour plus other fees. I took me a while to just get the most basic of info from them over the phone, but it sounds like they waive the hourly fee to shoot for your first year. So, I guess if you shoot more than 75 hours (@ $10 per hour at most other ranges - or less at some) in your first year, it might be worth it. I wonder how many times they will let a person let their membership lapse and then re-up a few days later and pay the initiation fee over again, instead of paying $600 for the second year and the $15 per hour to shoot?

If I was right down the street, I might consider trying this place out for a year, but sadly, I am over an hour away. Too far to make use of a $750 membership.

Just so some don't get caught off guard, you can't just go there to shoot. You need to be a member or guest of a member as it is a "private" club.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Always looking for a change of scenery in a range. Another new one in the Metro Detroit area, is one in Brownstown township on the corner of Racho and Pennsylvania, called Top Gun. Nice and clean, with 20 lanes. The only grip that I've got, is that they use the cable system instead of a track system for moving your targets. Wolverine shooting sports, their closest competitor, put alot of money and work into their 10 lanes, including a track system. I kind of got spoiled over there with not having to wait for my target to stop swinging.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I just noticed on their website. They don't allow walk-ins. You have to be a member or a guest of a member. Well, guess I'll never shoot there.

(oops...Kevin already covered that. :p )

1 - 5 of 5 Posts