1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up this very nice 2008 Elite Pro from a fellow on another forum. It has a little honest wear, but that just gives it character

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
great tradin, I saw that on the other forum, very nice pistol, wear just means it was loved

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Very nice, how many horses?

·
Registered
8,012 Posts
Looks used, but not abused. Not a single thing wrong with that. What did you trade for it? Whatever you traded, I don't doubt you will be happy with the decision. That's a fine looking gun you got there!

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I actually traded a full custom BEC CCO in 45acp. Shooting the compact frame guns in 45 is not very enjoyable with arthritis in my index finger. I did get cash to offset the difference in value.

·
Super Moderator
14,608 Posts
Sounds like you made a good trade, and that EP should be a bit nicer to your hand. I like the honest wear, it means the gun was serving its purpose well. And it does not look abused or neglected; I think you made a good decision.

·
Registered
667 Posts
He did make a good trade. I got the BEC CCO!!!!

·
Registered
2,390 Posts

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
I actually traded a full custom BEC CCO in 45acp. Shooting the compact frame guns in 45 is not very enjoyable with arthritis in my index finger. I did get cash to offset the difference in value.
Good looking Elite Pro!!! Congrats

·
Registered
667 Posts
I can't, it left for ACW today. It's getting a deluxe classic blue job. Will post when back.

BTW it didn't need to be refinished it was a black cerakote. It just seemed like it would look so nice as a blue gun. I ordered a set of quilted black maple grips for it from customgrips -r-us.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
That's sounds like a great trade.

One of the things I have found with Wilson is they are very reasonable with custom work (but the wait is long). As far as the wear goes, Wilson will refinish that puppy and make it look brand new for about $325.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
looks just fine the way it is. If it looks too good I might not want to use it<G>

·
Premium Member
3,313 Posts
Why do we like the flanged barrels? More so, why are they used as opposed to a conventional barrel fitment?

·
Registered
8,012 Posts
Why do we like the flanged barrels? More so, why are they used as opposed to a conventional barrel fitment?
More weight at the end of the muzzle, which reduces muzzle flip and felt recoil.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have had a NH Predator and a Wilson Carry Comp also. You can definitely feel the difference that the additional weight makes.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Changed out the grips. Looks a little more business like now.

·
Premium Member
5,397 Posts
Am going to order an Elite Pro, possibly this week.

Very nice looking gun, congrats.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Looks great with the new grips...

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Changed out the grips. Looks a little more business like now.

looks really great! Have you had a chance to shoot it yet?
I've always loved the color of those grips, but they wouldn't look that good against bronze armor tuff.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No haven't shot it yet and probably won't get a chance for a few weeks. Momma has plans for us for the next couple of weekends (camping). But if deer season doesn't open before we go camping I may take it along and shoot some holes in some logs<G>

1 - 20 of 20 Posts