1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had an all steel XSE Commander for a while now and I absolutley love it!!! I've only added an extended slide release and concealed thumb safety. The gun is totally reliable right out of the box and has never malfunctioned!!!

Anyway, thinking about another 1911-style and choosing between a Kimber Pro CDP or maybe a lightweight commander...

What do you guys think???

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Colt doesn't currently list a LW Commander. Which doesn't surprise me in the least as they're absolutely famous for discontinuing good guns. I have a full-size CDP and struggled hard between it and the PRO. I ended up with the Full Size mainly because of the better ballistics and my large selection of holsters already on hand.

Sadly, if its a LW Commander you're after and it must be a brand-new one, your choices are rather limited. Go with the Kimber. By the time Colt brings the LW Commander back you and I will be old and gray...

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Our distributor still lists an XSE LW Comm, but I haven't seen any. The XS LW was a truely great gun though.
For new guns, the Pro Carry Kimber is probably your best bet, even if it's not a real commander :)

·
Registered
984 Posts
What do you mean, the XS LW Commander WAS truely a great gun? Mine still IS.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts