1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mail-ordered a holster and mag pouches in August from Ky-Tac, one of the packages on their website. The bank shows the check was cashed but I still haven't received the hoster/pouches. Worse yet, I tried to call the phone number on the website (http://members.aol.com/KYTAC/index.html) and got a "the number has been disconnected" message. The directory assistance in IL didn't have a listing for them as either Ky-Tac or Elderton Custom.

Does anyone know what happened to them? I'd like to either get my gear or get my money back. I had seen reviews and recommendations on various sites, including this board, and I thought Ky-Tac was a reputable business.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Best person to go through for Ky-tac gear is Joe at SKD-Tac. Never heard of anyone having problems when going through Joe, on the forums or anywhere else. Here is his e-mail if you need to contact him:

[email protected]

But he's currently doing some training exercise, I believe, won't be back until 26 October or so. Hopefully he can still answer e-mails; if not, I don't know who you could talk to. Ky-Tac is (or at least has been) a reputable business, and they haven't gone bankrupt or out of business as far as I know.

------------------
GO ARMY!!!
BEAT NAVY!!!

[This message has been edited by USMA Pistol (edited 10-18-2001).]

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
Dear P-Chemist, Having dealt with Dave Elderton for more than four years I can assure you that he is not cheating you. Last summer he moved to Oklahoma. You can email him at [email protected] or call 1-405-844-6040. Stay safe, Gary

·
Registered
548 Posts
Like many artisans, David produces an excellent product but he can be a little slow in delivering. However, I don't know of him ever ripping anyone off. He just works on a different timeline than most people.

Claude

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Gary, I was able to reach him by the phone number you gave and I should be getting my order soon. I mentioned that he needs to update his website because it gives an out of service phone number and an address in Illinois. I got concerned when the Champagne directory assistance didn't have any listing. I found a link from the SKD-tac website to another Kytac URL, but that one had no information on it.

Everything is straightened out now and I'm looking forward to getting my holster.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts