1911Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently won "a Loaded Springfield" finishing top in my class shooting a SA. Since I was shooting in ESP and the flyer didn't specify a caliber, I assumed it would be my choice. When I called SA they informed me it was a Blued .45 loaded. Nice gun but I quit shooting the .45 due to CTS. They informed me I couldn't make up the difference in trading up to a stainless 9mm because they already had the guns "put aside". What, are these factory seconds or is this a special run of guns.If the whole purpose of the program is to have people shoot their guns, why send you a gun that you won't shoot? Now I have to trade it in at a dealer and get something I can shoot. I bet it won't be a Springfield Armory gun.

· Registered
54 Posts
Originally posted by JoeMc:
Since I was shooting in ESP and the flyer didn't specify a caliber, I assumed it would be my choice.
That was your first mistake. Never assume. If it meant that much to you, you should have asked before the match. Now instead of saving your match fee, you have a brand new Springfield Loaded model. I'd like to feel sorry for you but I don't.

· Registered
23,952 Posts
The shooter I know who won a SA by shooting a SA well was able to upgrade from the allocated blue .45 to a stainless 9mm by paying the difference in list price. Why they accommodated him and not you, I don't know. But he is one happy camper.

· Registered
3,837 Posts
Joe,
Send it to me. I'll reemburse you the entry fee. I hate to see you so disappointed!

· Registered
27,275 Posts
Joe,
Didn't get a lot of sympathy did you?

You WON a pistol and your upset because it is not the one you want?

------------------
"Even the most normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag and begin slitting throats"
Mencken

· Registered
57 Posts
The only gun I ever won was a Glock!! In .357 Sig.!! It was a couple of years ago, and I still have a perpetual smile on my face.
Keep it and the memory will keep you smiling.
Everyone can always use another .45!

· Registered
2,691 Posts
You came in third and won a $600 pistol and you are complaining? Give it back if you do not want it. Nobody said you had to take it.

------------------
John

"And by the way, Mr. Speaker, The Second Amendment is not for killing ducks and leaving Huey and Dewey and Louie without an aunt and uncle. It is for hunting politicians like (in) Grozney and in 1776, when they take your independence away".
Robert K. Dornen, U.S. Congressman. 1995

· Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
As usual you guys seem to miss the point or I didn't explain it right.I shot a SA insted of my Colt to attempt to win A SA pistol. If I didn't win my division at least maybe I could walk away with a pistol to offset the costs of shooting the Nationals.

The Ad never said it was a 45. Due to CTS(medical condition) I can no longer use a 45 in competition. So I called Sa to see if I could get the gun I won in 9mm. I offered to pay the difference and explained the problem.Their response was "too bad, maybe you should sell the gun and then we can sell you the 9mm" This is not the response I would expect from a company thats looking to get their market share of the competition market. This is not whining, it is a testiment to company service. Since then I've talked to other manufacturers and every one of them agreed that they would have upgraded the pistol. I just don't understand SA's response.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.