1911Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my first Springfield 1911, a lightweight compact, today without doing any research on this particular model first. This was a totally impulse buy. I would like to know what good or bad experiences others have had with this gun. Thanks for any input.:D

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Compacts are good guns.....

The only thing to be aware of is if you want to change the mainspring housing you have to get one specifically for the compact. It is different than the Gov't model or the Colt Officers model.

Enjoy:)

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
nemesis said:
Are you referring to the Officers size Ultra-Compact or the Defender size Micro-Compact?
The mainspring housing for a Springfield Compact is different compared to a Gov't model, the pin hole is located in a different spot. I don't own one so I'm not sure what other Springfield mini guns use the same housing. Smith& Alexander lists a seperate part number for Springfield Compacts.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I was under the impression SA Compacts were Ultra-Com (Officer's) frames with Champion (Commander... yes I know a Commander is a 4.25 not 4, pedants) slide. Hence, Officer's MSH. They use UltraCom/Officer's 6 round mags...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts