1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
is the reason sig is building the new 1911 in order to submit it to the evaluation process for the new MEUSOC pistol? if not the MEUSOC evaluation, then i figure they must be looking to get some government contracts with it.

·
Premium Member
20,294 Posts
It's got LEO written all over it. Series-80 FPS, light rail, Sig name recognition, solid parts, and what I believe will be a price that will knock purchasing agents over when compared with other models.

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
Tracy, you could be correct, but I can see problems getting the SIG "1911" accepted in departments where none of the other "1911's" are allowed. And the current contracts have been let for the LAPD pistols, FBI etc.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I thought the MEUSOC pistol trials have been going on for a long time, now? It would seem that the Sig pistol would be too late to the party, unless they had already submitted them a LONG time ago, way before announcing them. I don't think that's the case, though, since a Sig employee was doing marketing research on the GSR AFTER the MEUSOC trials had started. (On the other hand, I don't think they would have had enough time to develop the pistol by now, if they just started when that employee started asking questions - but I could be wrong on all counts...)

Steve

·
Registered
865 Posts
Well, if I remember correctly, the Marines don't want a series 80.

·
Registered
238 Posts
What week is it?

Depending on whats being issued to the last academy class, the SIG 1911 could theoretically have an in with the fed agencies issuing SIGs, specifically those that issue 1911s also like FBI SWAT. Of course those guns are still relatively new and I would prefer that my tax dollars were not spent until needed.

Oft times I think that someone in D.C. must have a calender with a different gun pictured every month. Change the month, change the issued pistol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts